Feb 12, 2013

Ghosts of the Past Chapter 6

Sienna

The doctors gave me meds and released. "You look better today." Dulce said. "Thanks I do feel better." I said. We went to Sarah's though no one was there. So I called Sarah. "Sienna, I'm sorry.... Here is the address, come." She said when she first answered. So Dulce took me to Sarah's new address.

It was a two room loft different from the mansion or the house. When I went inside Sarah, Aseel and Kate were sitting around the dinning table silently. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm glad your alright Sienna." Sarah hugged me. For some reason she didn't seem alright... "I'm also glad that your alright." Aseel said as she held Sarah's hand and left the room. "Aren't you glad that I'm back?" I asked Kate. "Not really, it's been only one night." She replied. "I figured you would say something like that." I said. She giggled.


Later that night....

I shared the room with Kate. There was a double bed and a sofa. I took the sofa and let her have the bed. I wasn't sleepy so left the room, there was a bookshelf in the living room where I found a book called The Stand by Stephen King and decided to read it. While I was reading I overheard some chatter coming from Sarah's room. "What did he say?!" Aseel asked. Then there was silence. "Sarah talk to me...." Aseel demanded.

I tried to concentrate on the novel but I couldn't. "What the fuck is he thinking?" Aseel yelled. "Hell if I know." Sarah replied. "That women is the most selfish creature on the plant... I wouldn't believe anything she says, I wish I could let your dad see that." Aseel said. "I don't care as long as I don't see her." Sarah commented.

Now I understand why she was feeling uneasy this morning. "I need to go bake something..." Sarah said. This is my cue... "Or I could relieve your stress." Aseel replied. The walls are way too thin. I went back to the room and laid on the couch. The book slipped from my hand as it made a loud throbbing sound, Kate woke up.... "Sienna, your still awake?" She asked. "Yeah..." I replied.

"I think it was all Feras." She said. "I know..." I replied. "You know this bed is big enough for two..." She implied. "I know, I don't want to disturb you while you sleep besides... I'm not sleepy." I said. "Okay." She said. The thing about Kate is that she cares a lot about people, yet she's afraid of showing it. I still don't understand why she hides behind the mean girl's act. Even though she's the kindest and most caring person I know.

About an hour has passed... And I'm still not sleepy. I left the room again, Sarah and Aseel were in the kitchen and Sarah was baking. As I was passing through "I'm going out..." I grabbed a jacket and left. I was roaming all over the place. Until I realized that I was standing outside the hotel where Razan is. What am I doing?! I thought. I turned around and started walking away.

"Sienna... Is that you?" A man's voice called, I can't recognize the voice though. I turned around and it was Sarah's dad. "Yeah... " I replied. "Thank god. I've been trying to contact Sarah ever since last night... Though she won't return my calls nor my texts." He said. I didn't say anything. "Is she okay?" He asked. "yeah she's okay." I replied. "Did she talk about what happened last night?" He asked. "No.." I replied.

He was silent for few seconds. "Want me to tell her anything?" I asked. "No, though.... I would like to talk, if you cared to listen." He said. "Sure" I replied. I'm useless, yet listening to people's concerns seems to put them at ease. So, he told me everything that happened. "What should I do?" He asked. "I'm sorry, I can't tell you what to do." I replied. He sighed. "I also don't like to speak ill of people... But I feel like you should know this." I said.

"I'm listening." He was interested in what I was about to say. "What do you think of a woman that abandoned her child by the age of 10 and cut ties with her family to a point that she won't attend her own mother's funeral ?" I asked. "What do you mean?" I don't think he was asking, I think he was trying to deny the fact. "Do you believe a woman like that is capable of caring or loving anyone?" I asked. "I don't think so... But how is that relevant?" He said. "That's the woman your about to marry... Do you understand the girls feeling now?" I asked.

"People change..." He argued. "I don't think a heartless person could suddenly gain a heart." I stated. "She deserves a chance." He said. "Mr.AbdulAziz... You can give her a chance if you want. It's your life after all." I grinned. We were at the hotel bar when we were talking. "Thank you for listening." He said. "Sure, anytime." I replied. "I think I should go." He said as he left his seat. "See you later." I replied.

I know that I should leave too but I couldn't... I went to see Dulce instead. "Sienna!!" She was excited to see me. "Hey there..." I replied. "What brings you here ?!" She asked. I didn't replied. "Are you okay?!" She asked. "What is it exactly that you do here?" I shrugged. "Room service." She said. "Interesting... May I ask you a favor?" I asked. "Sure anything." She said. I gave her Razan's room number and asked her to send flowers there.

I really just wanted to make sure that she's alright. I was anxiously waiting in the staff room for Dulce's return. My phone rang, "hello." I answered. "Sienna, come here someone is passed out." Dulce said. I ran to the elevator though it was slow so I ran up the stairs. Razan please be alright I though. When I got there Feras was sitting on the edge of the bed crying... "I don't know what to do.... I don't know what to do."

Razan was passed out on the bed. "Move!" I yelled and ran up to her. I touched her forehead and she was burning up. "Call an ambulance now!!!" I demanded. Dulce called an ambulance. "Tell them she passed out from a fever." I was shivering... I don't know how I managed to carry her to the bathroom. I filled the tub with cool water and placed her there. She started kicking and screaming. "Let me out." She screamed. My heart ached... This was the only way to bring her fever down till an ambulance arrive.

I had to place her down though she was fighting too hard. I got in the tub with her and held her from behind. "I'm sorry, Razz." I whispered in her ear. She was still unaware of herself. The medics arrived soon after and took her to the hospital. When I left the bathroom I saw Feras sitting in the corner of the room muttering the same words over and over.

I went to the hospital with her and waited till the doctors finished their work. When I wanted to see her the nurses told me that her husband was already here and only family are allowed. I had to go back to the loft. It was morning already and the girls were waiting for me for practice. They didn't ask where I was.

Few days later I had to go to the doctor for my blood. They did some blood tests and said that I should keep on taking the medications. We also had to go back to the country and I moved out of Razan's place and got my own apartment. Kate was living in the same building.


A month has passed...

Today Razan comes back from her honey moon. I haven't seen her since that day though Dulce kept me updated with how she's doing. After work as I was going to my apartment I saw Dante. "Hey, Sienna whats up?" He said. "Hi, I just came back from work." I replied. "Wanna go grab a bit and play some pool?" He asked. "What's the catch?" I replied. "No catch." He said.

So I went to dinner with him and we played pool. It was so obvious that he was letting me win. After that we went back to our building. His apartment was in a lower floor than mine. "So, this was fun we should do this again sometime." He said. "Yeah, it was so much fun! Though you better give it your all next time." I replied. "Was I that obvious?" He wondered. "Way too obvious." I giggled. He chuckled.

"Until next time?" I said. "See you soon." He kissed my cheek and left the elevator. My face went red. I was surprised. When the elevator opened up again I saw her sitting there outside my apartment's door. I looked for my phone and realized its been dead ever since I drove back from work.

I ran up to her "My humble apologies, your majesty." I kneeled before her. She wrapped her arms around me. "Where have you been?!" She whimpered. I carried her inside. "I..." I began to say though she shushed me. "I missed you so much!!" She whispered. "I miss you more." I simpered. "May I spend the night?" She asked. "You never have to asked... Your always welcome." I answered.

We took a bath then I dried her hair. We laid in bed silently... She wrapped my arms around her. "I've dreamt about you." She said. "You did?" I replied. She turned to look at me. "You were this close... Yet I couldn't touch you." She caressed my cheek. "The more I tried, the farther you'd go until your image disappears... That's when I wake up." She said.

I held her hand. "The nightmare is over now." I assured her. She clung to me. "I wish that you're a guy sometime." She said. "Why?" I wondered. She sat up and looked into my eyes. "Cause I wouldn't need Feras then..." She held my hand. "And nothing would keep us apart." She finished. I kissed her hand. "I can change his mind if you like." I suggested.

"I don't want you to go this far, I care about him." She said. "I know." I replied. "I just... I don't want to choose between the two of you." She said. "You don't have to... I'm merely your humble knight. My loyalty is to you alone." I vowed. She kissed my cheek. "I wish I can stay in your arms forever... You'll be here when I wake up, won't you?" She asked. "I shall, if that's what you wish my lady." I replied.


Next morning...

There were throbbing on the door. "Open the god damn door." Feras yelled from outside. I went to open the door. "How may I help you?!" I asked as I opened the door. "Get away." He was about to push me, when I twisted his hand and seized him to the wall. "It's rude, to pick a fight with someone when your a guest in their house." I lectured him.

"I'm here for my wife." He whimpered. "You could've just said that now, couldn't you?" I let go of him and closed the door. I went to wake up Razan though she was already up. "Ask him to leave, I don't want to see him." She said as soon as she saw me. "Sure." I replied and went back to the living room where he was waiting. I opened the apartment door, "you should leave, her majesty doesn't wish to see you." I said.

"Your fucking kidding me right?" He yelled. "The door is wide open, unless you want me to resort to violence." I threatened him. "I'm going to see her." He shrugged. He must be stupid. I was in front of him before he could make his second step. I shoved him to the wall. "I'm not gonna repeat myself twice." I threatened. He was panting. "How is it that you're still win?" He gasped. "Your silliness is irritating me..." I blustered then threw him out.

I don't understand why I'm this angry. The bell rang, I opened the door. It was Dante... "Is everything alright?" He asked. "Yeah everything is fine." I assured him. "There were some loud noises." He confronted me. "Yeah, I'm sorry to disturb you." I said. "Sie... Is he gone?" Razan asked from behind me. "Yeah." I closed the door. She clung to me. "Thank you." She said. I patted her head.

"Razz, I have to go to work. Will you be okay by yourself?" I asked. She nodded. I prepared her breakfast and got changed for work. "I'll be back." I said as I was leaving. "I'll be waiting." She kissed my cheek.


After work...

When I came back from work Kate was at my place with Razan. "I'm home." I said. "Welcome home." Razan came up to me and kissed my cheek. "What brings you here Katy girl?" I wondered. "Razan was bored so I kept her company." She said. "Thank you." I grinned. "Since your back, I'll get going." Kate said as she left. "You weren't somewhere?" Razan noticed the bag I was holding.

"I got you something." I announced as I opened the bag. "A cell phone? I've already got one..." She said. "It's for when Feras decides to act out again, hide it somewhere safe." I explained. "That's so thoughtful." She grinned. "It's been awhile since I've seem your smiling face. It's delightful." I simpered. Razan blushed.

"I was thinking I should go back, and speak with Feras." She said. "That's a good idea." I encouraged her. "I'll call you after I speak with him." She said. "I'll take you there." I offered. "I wanna do this on my own." She kissed my cheek and left.

She called me later that night saying that things are good between them. She said he won't take her phone again, nor stop her from seeing me. She claimed that he's trying to become a better man for her and wants to keep his promise. I'm glad that it turned out this way and I hope he's sincere.


A month have passed...

I've seen less of Razan in the past month. Though she looks very happy whenever I saw her. It seem like Feras is keeping his promise. I've been busy with work and the band, but I would go check on Razan every night. Most night I don't see her, but her mom assures me that's good.

Recently though, something seemed off with Razan. She seemed weaker than usual. She looked kinda pal, I've been trying to get her to eat. Though she feels sick whenever she feels food. That's why I've decided that I would pay her a visit as soon as the weekend comes and share my concern probably take her to the hospital as well.

It's the weekend. I just finished breakfast when heard knocking on the door. "Coming" I said as I placed the dishes in the sink. I opened the door "My queen." I bowed and kissed her hand. I guess our thoughts are synced. "I need to talk to you..." She said. "Sure, come in." I said as we went inside and sat at the table.

"What's the matter, your highness?" I asked. "I need you to stop calling me that." She said. What's going on here... I thought. "I don't understand." I replied. "We need to stop the princess/knight role play." She explained. Something is seriously wrong here... I though. "Did something happen?" I asked. "I need to learn to take care of others... Feras is trying his best to take care of me, and I want to do the same for him." She explained.

Wait I'm confused... It feels like I'm watching a movie. we're friend, aren't we? Why doesn't it feel like she's about to break up with me. "Razz, the role play can stop no problem... But that's not all is it?" I said. "Correct, I can't see you, if I want to become a better wife for him." I blurt. I didn't wanna hear that... Take it back Razz please.

"Your my best friend, Razz..." I began. "It wasn't that way for me." She interrupted. Suddenly it went pitch black, I kept running calling for her. Until I found this mirror with her reflecting. I nudge the mirror 'Razz don't leave me' I yelled. "If that's what you wish my queen." I said.

I was lost inside myself. I don't have any control over this body anymore. I can't see her in the mirror anymore, that's my bed room door. "Sienna..." She called after me. I stopped. When I stopped I realized that it was still me. Have I lost my mind? She stood behind me. "I'm sorry." She said. "I understand." I turned.

'I don't understand please explain.' I nudge that mirror again. "I wish you all the happiness in the world." I kissed her forehead. 'I can feel her, why can't I speak?!' I punched the mirror I started walking away. 'Hey turn around, please.' I was sobbing. I went to my room and closed the door.

I can hear her whimper from behind my bedroom door. She sniffed then I heard the apartment door closes. 'Stop her... Please.' I sobbed. "Sienna you need to let her spread her wings, you know you can't be there for her forever." I think that was my conscious or rational thought. I know it's true, but what will I do without her?

I feel betrayed... More than that I'm frustrated. I wanna see her. I can't get the last sound she made out of my head, her tears are too precious. I'm so frustrated. I took a pillow and screamed till I started sobbing. Please god, wake me up already. There were throbbing on my door and the bell rang, I wiped away my tears and opened the door.

"Are you okay?" Dante asked. I let him in and closed the door. "Sienna look at me." He said. I couldn't meet his gaze. "Is Razan alright?" He asked. I shook my head. "I'll take you to see her." He said. 'She wouldn't want to see me though.' I clung to him and sobbed. I think he realized that I can no longer see Razan.

He embraced me silently until I calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment