Feb 18, 2012

Ghosts of the Past Chapter 2


Kate

The only thing I wanted more than anything else was to become a very skilled guitarist just like Dave Mustaine who was a great inspiration. I want to play lead guitar that’s why I challenged Sarah for a dual.
“I’ll call Tariq to be a judge with us.” Sienna said. “Alright, btw Aseel, how come Tariq didn’t come see you?” Sarah asked. “He is busy with his new family and girlfriend…” She said. Sarah looked like she regretted asking.
“What about Blue vows and Waleed?” Sarah was trying to change the subject. “Waleed left Blue vows. He got married, and they’re expecting a baby…” Sienna said. “Farah?” Sarah interrupted.
“Yeah, as for blue vows, they are out of the country on a tour.” Sienna completed. “So it’s only Tariq?” Sarah asked. “Yeah.” Sienna said. “Kate, you set the rules of the Dual.” Sarah requested.
“Only two rules, each of us choose only one effect and one tuning set through all 6 solos.” I said. “Alright.” Sarah agreed. I was using an American Vintage '62 Stratocaster® Reissue while Sarah had a whole guitar collection to choose from.
Sarah chose an American Vintage '62 Stratocaster® Reissue as well. I think she was trying to be fair. She picked one effect and was tuning her guitar. Tariq showed up a little while after. “Shall we begin?” Sienna asked. “Sure!” Both Sarah and I answered.
When Sarah started playing I thought it was some kind of joke. She kept missing notes in the first solo. I mean what’s so great about someone who keeps missing notes? I thought she was very skilled, or so they said.
Her second solo was so average. I think a 10 year old can play better than that. I forgot to mention the closing was a mess. I was about to begin my third solo when Aseel stopped us. “Sarah what are you doing?!” Aseel asked. “I’m having a duel against Kate…” Sarah answered.
Aseel sighed. “First, you played better in your first day at the music club than your playing today. Second, if you’re trying to lose on purpose you shouldn’t have agreed to this. Third, even as a drummer I can tell that you’re having trouble holding this guitar… So what the hell are you doing?” Aseel said.
I’ve never seen Aseel so worked up. “I’m sorry Seel. Can I change my guitar Kate?” Sarah asked. “Sure! Just make sure to tune the other guitar with the same tuning.” I answered. She went upstairs. I sighed. “All these guitars are not enough for her?!” I complained.
She came back with an ESP LTD SC-208 8 string guitar. I played my solo. Now it’s Sarah’s turn. I was amazed by her solo. “Now that’s even better than what I’ve known you to be.” Aseel commented.
For such talent where did she hide the last four years? Even though her talent surpassed mine, I kept my cool. Her finishing solo was insane. She earned a spot in my favorite guitarist list! “Now for the results.” Sienna said.
“I don’t believe that will be necessary.” I told Sienna. “You earned my respect Mrs. Sarah.” I admitted. “Well, I’m glad.” She grinned as we shake hands. “It’s good to have you back Sarah.” Tariq said.
Sarah hugged him. “It’s good to be back!” She said. “Sarah he’s a married man.” Sienna pointed. “Oh, Sorry!” She said, as she backed away. “How is Dante doing?” I asked. “He’s doing pretty well, recording bass tracks at the studio.” He said.
“Would you ask him to contact me after recording?” I asked. “Sure.” he replied. “How is it that you know their bassist?” Sarah asked. “We go way back, before he joined Burning Corps.” I explained. “Dante brought us Kate!” Aseel added. “Awesome!” Sarah commented.
“Now that we’ve solved the misunderstanding what is the plan for Razan’s Wedding?” Sienna asked.

Sarah

“We’re going to hold it in a mansion in UK. It’s going to be an outdoors royal wedding.” I explained. “For college students, how in the world are we going to afford this exactly?” Kate asked. “It’s for free.” I replied.
“Free?” Sienna was confused. “I happen to own a mansion in the United Kingdom.” I tried to explain. Aseel’s expression wasn’t what I expected. “You ‘HAPPEN’ to own a mansion in the United Kingdom.” Aseel repeated after me.
“Yeah, you know how my dad is a businessman? We own a house or an apartment in every country in Europe.” I tried to explain. “What about the flight expenses?” Kate asked. I was trying my best to sound as if things were normal.
“A private jet does the trick.” I winked. “I appreciate you doing all of this for Razan!” Sienna said. “She deserves a princess like wedding.” I grinned. Aseel didn’t seem like she was in the mood for anything.
“It’s getting late can we go to bed already?” Aseel whispered in my ear. I nodded. “Make yourself at home.” I said as we went upstairs.

Sienna

“I should leave. Take care lil’ sis.” Tariq said. I walked him to the door and hugged him. As he got out of the house I saw Feras’s car in the parking lot. What is he doing here in such hour? I thought.
Razan came out of his car and ran up to me. “What’s wrong princess?” I asked. “I was worried about you.” she said as she hugged me. “I’m fine.” I said. “Where is your phone?” She asked. I looked in my pocket and it wasn’t there.
“Never mind, let’s go home.” she said. “I’m staying the night. We have early practice tomorrow.” I explained. She had this hurt expression on her face. I can’t stand seeing her like this. “You can stay with me.” I suggested.
Her face lit up. She called Feras and asked him to leave. When we got inside Kate was still in the living room holding her guitar. “If it isn’t the princess!” She commented. “So Kate, what did you guys plan for my wedding?” Razan asked.
“Strip club.” Kate grinned. Razan looked at me with tears in her eyes. “Lies!!” I said. “What did you plan then?” She asked. “Let’s just say it’s going to be held out of the country.” I said. “Where?” she asked.
“United Kingdom.” I replied. Kate was practicing guitar still. “Aren’t you going to bed?” I asked Kate. “Not now. You go ahead.” She said as we went upstairs.  “So where are you going to spend your honeymoon?” I asked. “He said it’s a surprise.” She said.

Aseel

When we got to the room I went to the bathroom and locked the door. Then I prepared the bathtub. Sarah knocked the door but I didn’t answer. “Seel open the door.” She requested. “No!” I replied. “Seel, I just want to talk.” She said.
Just what does she want to talk about exactly? I thought. “Talk.” I said. “Seel, just unlock the door first… please.” She said. I hesitantly went to the door and unlocked it. “Thank you!” she said from behind the door.
The bathtub was ready so I got into the tub. “What’s the matter Seel?” She asked. “Nothing.” I replied. She sighed as she came inside. “Talk to me.” She said. “What’s there to talk about?” I asked. “Why are you mad at me?” she asked.
“I’m not mad.” I replied. “Then you don’t mind if I joined?” She noted. “Suit yourself.” I said. She started undressing. It was so seductive even though I was trying my best not look. I couldn’t help it. Damn she’s hot. I only looked away when I met her gaze.
“You don’t have to look away.” She giggled. I didn’t reply nor look at her. “Or maybe you’re too mad at me that you have to look away.” She sighed. “It’s not like that…” I said. “Come here.” she said as she held and sat me in her lap.
She kissed the back of my left shoulder. “Since when do we keep things from each other?” She whispered. Her proximity is captivating. It’s igniting my desires. I can’t remember why or what we were arguing about.
Oh, I don’t really know anything about her. “I don’t know anything about you.”  I gasped. “What do you want to know?” She asked. “I want to know everything… things no one even knows about.” I replied.
“I’m madly in love with you.” She whispered. I was already red and having butterflies in my stomach. She kissed my lips, I kissed her back. “Now you know what no one else does, my beloved.” She whispered. I was too dazed to stand.
She got me out of the tub. She put me in bed. With a cold towel she was trying to cool me off. I was back to normal in a few. “You feeling better?” she asked. I nodded. “Well my beloved, it seems like you can’t handle the truth.” She smirked.
“You were seducing me.” I throw the pillow at her. “Was I really?” She laughed. I got out of bed to put some clothes on. As I was wearing my underwear “Now for real, tell me something no one else know.” I said.
“I can sing.” She said. “Sing me something.” I requested. “You have to promise that you would never tell anyone I can sing.” She demanded. “Promise” I replied. She sang Closer by Nine Inch Nails.
I raised my eyebrow. “Seriously?” I questioned. She laughed. “That’s the only song that tells exactly how I feel right now.” She said. I went all red. My god this girl is too forward. “Sing me something else.” I demanded.
She sang me Lips like Morphine by Kill Hannah. “Sarah, sing something less sexual and has more feeling.” I commented. She took an acoustic guitar and started playing Speechless by The Veronicas. So she said she can sing…
I didn’t imagine that her voice was this mesmerizing. “I can’t help but surrender my everything to you.” That was the last of the lyrics. “Amazing.” I said. “Yeah, that’s one hell of a song.” She said. “No, I’m amazed by you.” I explained.
“That’s a good song too.” She replied. I laughed. She lit up a cigarette. “When did you start smoking?” I asked. “Back when I was 14.” She said. “Japan?” I asked. She nodded. “Did he smoke?” I asked. “Nope, he never smoked nor had alcohol.” She said.
“Who got you into smoking then?” I wondered. “I guess the band’s leader.” She said. “How did it happen exactly?” I asked. “We were playing truth or dare that day. the band’s leader dared me to smoke.” She said.
“So you’ve been smoking this type of tobacco ever since?” I asked. “No, he didn’t give me tobacco that day. He gave me weed.” She explained. “One hell of a start.” I commented. “Tell me about it, I picked up this type of tobacco a week after.” She said.
“Weren’t you an adolescent?” I asked. ”It didn’t matter there. They have tobacco vending machines.” She replied. “Interesting, how did you learn Japanese?” I asked. “The band leader taught me. He was the only one I knew who spoke English well.” She answered.
I kept questioning her till morning…

Kate

I lost track of time and fell asleep on the couch hugging my guitar. I woke up from the noise that was coming from the kitchen. I can see that there was someone there. It wasn’t any of the girls. I ran upstairs.
“Sarah!!!” I yelled. As I was closer to her room Sienna and Razan were there. “Kate…” Sienna was about to say something when Razan covered her mouth. I opened Sarah’s room. I can’t describe what I’ve seen. I closed the door. “My innocence” I gasped.
Razan laughed. “You were innocent?” she asked. Sarah came out of her room. “Can’t you at least lock the door?” I shrugged. “Why?” Sarah asked. “What she saw made her lose her ‘innocence’.” Razan laughed. “She was innocent?” Sarah questioned.
“Exactly” Razan replied. “Katie, what you walked in on was a morning kiss.” Sarah explained. “I so didn’t need to know what that was, and there is someone in your kitchen.” I said. I was trying to delete the image from my memory.
We went downstairs. Sarah was ahead of us when she entered the kitchen she wasn’t surprised. “Long time no see Mile.” Sarah said. Mile was dressed in a maid uniform. She looked surprised when she saw Sarah.
“Pardon my disturbance, Master.” Mile bowed before Sarah. When she arose Sarah kissed her cheek. “It’s good to see you too Mile.” She said. That was weird. Sarah walked toward Aseel who was standing behind me.
“Mile, you don’t have to hide. I knew you would come since dad was here. So there is no need to hide around.” Sarah said. She put her hand around Aseel’s waist as they walked away. Don’t they… like get sick of each other. Sigh.
“So Sienna when is practice again?!” I asked. “Supposedly now!” She said. “Sienna, what’s going on? Who’s that English lady?” Razan asked. “It’s Sarah’s maid.” Sienna replied. “Sienna, come on… ‘She is’ not ‘it is’.” Sarah said from the living room.
Later on we went to the studio for practice. It was a long practice session. Razan went home in like the beginning of practice.

Razan

“How was your night?” Feras asked. “It was pleasant.” I replied as he opened the car door for me. I stretched up and kissed his cheek. “Thank you!” I said. He was surprised. “For what?” he asked. “Everything…” I replied.
Seeing how simple Sarah was today made me hold so much respect for her. It also made me realize that I should show more appreciation to the people in my life. “So where to?” he asked. “Let’s go to my place.” I replied. “Alright.” He drove.
“So, what happened on the wedding preparations?” he asked. “Unspoken word’s are taking care of that.” I replied then went on. “It’s going to be in the United Kingdom.” I completed. “What?” he was shocked.
“That’s what Sienna said.” I said. “How are we going to tell the guests that it’s in UK? I mean who’s going to give them plane tickets and a place to stay?” He asked. “I don’t know… I’m sure they will take care of it.” I replied.
“How College/University students are going to afford that anyways?” He asked again. “I have no idea baby.” I said. My phone rang. It was Farah’s number. “Hello!” I said. “Razan, Farah is having the baby now.” He said.
“We’re coming!” I said as I hang up. ”Feras, let’s go to the hospital Farah is having a baby.” I explained. I IMed Sienna and told her that Farah’s having a baby. Feras and I got to the hospital first. Waleed’s face was so lit up.
I’ve never seen him this happy. “It’s a baby girl.” He said. “Congratulations! How is Farah?” I asked. “She’s good she’s resting for a while now.” He said. “What are you naming her?” Feras asked. “We’re naming her Sienna.” Waleed said.
We went to see the baby. Little Sienna is so adorable!! The girls from Unspoken Words got here as well. We Congratulated Farah and sat by her side, soon after the nurse came to the room with the baby.
We left the room so Farah and little Sienna can spend some time together. “So whose idea was it to make the wedding in the United Kingdom?” Feras asked. “It was my idea.” Sarah replied. “Who’s going to pay for all the guests.” He asked.
“We will, it’s a gift from the band.” She said. “Technically, she will.” Kate commented. “When is your wedding Ms. Razan?” Waleed asked. “It’s on the 14th of next month.” I replied. “Oh! Well congratulation Ms. Razan and Mr. Feras.” He grinned.
“Thanks man.” Feras answered. “What are you naming your baby Waleed?” Sarah asked. “We’re naming her Sienna.” He replied. “Sound convenient.” Sarah giggled. Aseel whispered in Sarah’s ear, and then Waleed asked Sienna to go inside and speak with Farah.
“Are you okay with the wedding idea now?” I asked Feras. “if that’s what you wish for princess.” He kissed my forehead.

Sarah

After we got home from the hospital, I asked Aseel again about Tariq. “What happened between you and Tariq exactly?” I asked. “He got accepted in the family I guess.” She replied. “Can you invite him over? I kind of miss him.” I said.
“He never returned any of my calls since I moved out.” She said. “Is Sienna still keeping in touch with him?” I asked. “I don’t really know.” She said. I went downstairs Kate, and Sienna were watching a concert on TV.
“Sie, are you still keeping in touch with little Tariq?” I asked. “I talked to him occasionally via IM.” She replied. “Can I use your phone?” I requested. She handed me her mobile. I looked for his number Tariq Saqer.
‘Hey Tariq, how is it going?! I’m hanging out with my friends at the following address [Address] Come join us.’ I sent after few seconds. ‘I’m on my way.’ He sent. I handed the phone back to Sienna. “Thanks a lot/” I said.
“What did you do?” Sienna asked. “I invited Tariq over.” I replied. “Again?” Kate raised her eyebrow. “He’s Aseel’s brother.” I explained. “Oh!” Kate replied. “He’s on his way.” Sienna giggled. “That boy still has a crush on you.” I teased.
“Tariq’s coming?” Aseel asked from the staircase. “Yes, sweetie.” I replied. “Did you talk to him?” she asked. I seriously don’t understand why she was standing so far. “No, I spoke through Sienna’s IM.” I explained.
She sat on the staircase as if something was horribly wrong. “What’s wrong?” I asked as I went and sat next to her. “He’s going to hate me even more now.” She said. “He wouldn’t.” I tried to comfort her.
“Sarz, you don’t understand… remember how you said Alex is the same as me to Tariq?” She was trying so hard to explain. “Yeah, what about it?” I said. “Imagine if someone have hurt Alex, and have changed him, how would you feel about that person?” She asked.
I was thinking about it for a second. He won’t be thrilled to see me. The doorbell rang. Mile went to get the door. “Don’t worry. I just want to correct things. You’re his older sister after all.” I said and hugged her.
“Hey Sienna, Kate is here too.” He said when he first entered. “Hey T.” Kate said. “There is someone who wants to see you.” Sienna said. “Someone?” he questioned. She pointed to our direction. He was in too much shock.
“Hey T.” I said. Aseel didn’t look at him still. “Sarah…” He rolled his eyes. he looked back at Sienna. “You invited me here to see this bitch?” He said. She was sitting next to me. Next thing I know She slapped him.
I have no idea how she got there this fast. She was shivering. Tariq hugged her. I was completely lost what just happened. He whispered something in her ears. I went close to them. She was crying silent tears.
“Tariq what happened to you?” I asked. He ignored me. She held his hand and they went upstairs. “What was that all about?” Kate asked. We both looked at Sienna. “Beats me.” She said. I sighed.
I think they spent like 2 hours upstairs. I was getting worried. So I went upstairs. They were in my room, the bedroom door was opened. There wasn’t any sound though. Aseel was sitting on the bed and Tariq was standing against the wall.
“What’s the matter?” I asked. “I despise you, Sarah.” Tariq said. “What did I do to you?” I asked. “How could you do this to my sister? It’s been four fucking years, do you have any idea what kind of hell you’ve put her thought?” He yelled.
“Seel…” I gasped. She didn’t look at me. “Of course you don’t, where the hell were you? How cruel can you be to abandon her like that? She’s been having nightmares screaming for you every night. She was lifeless at day.” He yelled.
“Tariq shut up.” Aseel yelled. “Did she come here for you? Did she even apologize?” Tariq said. “Shut up.” She yelled again. I can’t believe I caused her so much pain. “How long do you think she will be staying this time around?” he said.
“Tariq get the hell out!!” she yelled as she broke into tears. I froze in my place. Tariq slapped me. “This is for breaking my sister’s heart, bitch.” He said as he left the room. I walked towards Aseel then fell to my knee.
“I’m sorry for all pain I’ve caused you.” I said as my tears fell to my cheeks.

3 comments:

  1. hi
    chapter 2 is so amazing, i always love Sarah and Aseel part i love this too, question are you going to draw sarah with her new hair cut and are you going to draw the new characters????
    sincerely your GolDy ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the chapter =D,
      As for your questions:
      I'm not the one drawing the characters but yes, I will post drawings of All the Characters Old/New the main in the sequel at least!
      I hope that answered your questions ^^

      Delete
    2. Arigato ^^

      I'm looking foreword to see it.

      Delete