Feb 26, 2012

Ghosts of the Past Chapter 3


Aseel

I don’t want her to leave me again. Don’t break her heart for it's too much for me to bare. “Tariq get the hell out!” I yelled and broke into tears. I heard a slap. “This is for breaking my sister’s heart, bitch.” Tariq said.
I think he left the room. I heard footsteps walking towards me. “I’m sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you.” she fell to her knees as she broke into tears. I sat on my knees in front of her. She was crying so hard it hurts.
I wiped away her tears. “Don’t cry.” I gasped. “You were supposed to hate me… you weren’t supposed to hurt.” She said. I wrapped my arms around her. “I’m madly in love with you too. I can never hate you.” I assured her.
“I’m sorry, I’m terribly sorry.” She said. I kissed her neck. “No apologize, you’re forgiven love. Please don’t leave me again. I can’t do without you.” I said. “I won’t leave you.” She assured me. “Promise?” I asked.
“I promise! You can sleep at night and you’ll find me here in the morning. I’m not going anywhere without you!” She said. I kissed her. “I need to speak with Tariq.” She said. She went downstairs at I sat at the top of the staircase.
“Tariq.” She called after him. She held her hand as if she was going to slap him. She petted him instead. “You’ve grown into a fine man.” She kissed his forehead. “What in ‘I despise you’ didn’t you understand?” He pushed her.
“Can’t you at least respect me since you’re in my house and all?” She said. He started walking away. “Wait, I’m not done talking.” She grabbed his hand. “Don’t freaking touch me!!” he let go of her grip.
“She was supposed to hate me. She wasn’t supposed to hurt. If I had known, I wouldn’t have left. Do you honestly think that I would hurt her on purpose?” She said. “Cut the crap already!!” he yelled.
“Why can’t you believe me?”  She asked. “Because you didn’t fight for her, you should’ve fought for her in the spot! Yet you drove away as if she didn’t matter. You broke your vow the next day!” He was pissed.
“I was trying to protect her! I was only 16 what could I have done?” Sarah defended her actions. “She didn’t need protection! She needed you!” He yelled. I was fed up with their argument.  I went downstairs and stood between them.
“I forgave her… she’s here now. I need her more than ever. You should try to forgive her too.” I whispered in his ear. “How could you?! After all the pain she caused.” he said. “I was never mad at her. She promised to never leave me again.” I said.
Tariq sighed. “Hey, how about we throw Sarah a welcome home party? It is like the start of a new chapter of your lives.” Sienna suggested. “Whatever.” Tariq commented. Sarah made Tariq some waffles as we partied.

Kate

I’m sick of this place already I want to go back home. I received a text message from Dante.
‘Hey beautiful,
I’m done with the recording session
Where do you want to meet?
Your place?

-Dante’
That message was like a gift from heaven. I held my urge to laugh. I mean seriously ‘Beautiful’ that guy sure is in a good mood today. So I replied.
‘Hey man,
Yeah sure my place
And well done with the recording ;)

-Kate’
“I’m leaving.” I said. “Where to?” Sienna asked. “My place.” I answered. “Take care.” She said. “Come by again sometime.” Sarah said. “No thank you, you guys are too dramatic.” I replied. “As rude as ever.” Aseel replied.
I pointed the finger to her direction as I left the house. I got on my motorcycle and went home. A while after I got home the doorbell rang. I opened the door and suddenly I was off the ground.
“I missed you beautiful.” He said. “Did you meet a hot chick?” I laughed. “A very sexy one.” He replied. “Figures, don’t ever call me that again.” I said. “Beautiful?” he asked. “Yes, pervert.” I replied. “So mean.” He commented.
He sat me on the dining table and sat on the chair. “So I actually wanted to talk to you about something important. Like the future of this apartment.” I started. “Sounds serious.” He commented. “It is, would you move in with me?” I offered. “You’re bold.” He laughed.
“And you’re my best friend. So you have to save this apartment and your best friend.” I explained. “I’m more interested in saving my best friend.” He assured me. “Then move in with me.” I said. “How is that saving you?” He asked.
“You know Aseel was living here. Her girlfriend is back. So she’s living with her girlfriend/wife or whatever gay shit they’re doing.” I said. “Wait she’s a lesbian?” He interrupted.
“Yeah, and Sienna offered to move in with me. Though honestly, I don’t want any band members around and I need someone to pay the rent, so it better be you.” I explained. “Sienna is Tariq’s sister, right?” he asked. “Right.” I replied.
“She’s a good girl, Kate.” He said. I have no idea what he was trying to do. “No, she’s more like an angel. That’s not the point though. When it’s a girl there is always some drama with the package.” I explained.
“I have some drama of my own, you know?” He said as he looked away. “That’s not Drama. You’re a caring brother, and I like Gavin.” I said. “Gavin is gay… can you handle that?” he asked. “Would he be living here too?” I asked.
“Of course, if I move here he’ll come with.” He answered. “Dante, can you like check the room and see if it’s possible to move in? and I don’t  need to get involved in this drama. So it’s okay.” I said. He went to check the room.
The place looks pretty awesome!” He said. “So, you’re in?” I asked. “Would your boyfriend be okay with it?” he suddenly asked. “What boyfriend?” I wondered. “The guy you were talking about like two weeks ago.” he said.
“He’s not my boyfriend, and he has nothing to do with this.” I explained. “Okay then, I’ll talk to Gavin about it and get back to you.” He said.

Sienna

I went out of their place not knowing where to go. I ended up at the hospital where Farah is. I thought I might as well do what she asked of me. So I went to see her. Waleed was sitting outside her room.
“Hey you,” I said. “Hey Sie.” He replied. “Why aren’t you with her?” I asked. “Her mom and sisters are there with her.” He said. “Oh, so that gives me some time to speak with you!” I said. “What did Farah want from you? Earlier today.” He asked.
“She wants the old you back.” I said. “What do you mean?” He asked. I sat next to him. “Back when we were teens, your dream was to become a singer in a band.” I explained. “And?” he questioned. “You’ve quite the band.” I answered.
He was silent. “She wants you to go after your dreams again.” I said. “She told me that before…” He said. “Since you didn’t listen to her, she thought I could convince you somehow.” I replied.
“I’m a promoter now, and I like how my business is going.” He argued. “Pete, it’s about passion. You’re not doing what you’re most passionate about.” I argued. “You know back when I was a teen, the thing I wanted more than music was a child and I have Sienna now.” He said.
“You can’t give up on your dream still, and you have her dreams to hold on to now too.” I explained. “Haven’t you thought that maybe, just maybe… I’ve already achieved my dreams. That what I told Farah and that’s what I am telling you.” he said.
“Are you satisfied with where you are today? Just between the two of us. No one else will know.” I said. “No, I want to sing again. I don’t want that to effect on my family negatively that’s why I quite the band to begin with.” He said.
“We want you to sing again. She thinks that she’s holding you back and that you would’ve gone to better places if you didn’t get married. I’m sure that you don’t want her to feel such burden do you?” I said. “Of course not.” He answered.
“And little Sienna needs to look up to her parent who never gave up on their dreams.” I said. “What are you going to do?” He asked. “I’ll support you!!” I assured him. “That’s not what I meant.” He said.
“She’s freaking out... I have no idea how to help her through this.” I explained. “She’s having cold feet?” He asked. “No, she’s afraid of change. She thinks I might leave her, when she’s the one leaving me.” I said.
“Tell her that you’ll be there for her. Assure her that things won’t change.” He said. “I’m trying my best.” I said. “You know, I only understood how you felt about Razan when Sienna was born.” He explained.
“I should go now. You should chase your dream, and keep that little talk between us.” I said. “Take care.” He said. My phone rang, it was Feras. “Hello.” I answered. “Sienna, can you please come back. Razan’s…” He said. “I’m on my way.” I interrupted.

Razan

“Razani, can you please come inside? I swear she’s on her way.” Feras said. “I’m not going anywhere until she’s back.” I argued. He came and sat next to me. “Aren’t you cold?” He asked. I was shivering.
I slowly nodded. He wrapped his arms around me. “You’re not alone if she’s not around.” He whispered. “I don’t want her to not be around.” I yelled. I know he’s trying to be romantic, but the thought of not having her around kills me.
“Don’t you want me to be around?” He asked. “I do want you to be around.” I assured him. “I really don’t know how to win against her.” He sighed. “It’s not a competition you know.” I commented.
“Sure, in less than a month it won’t be anymore.” He said. “Whatever.” I shrugged. Her car is here. Feras clung to me. “Let go…” I demanded. “She’s coming this way anyways.” He argued. “Feras let go.” I yelled as I was trying to let go of his grip.
He let go as I lost my balance Sienna held me. “You can leave now.” Sienna told Feras. “I’ll be the one saying that in less than a month.” He complained. “Go…” I said. I couldn’t see his facial expression.
I only heard the sound of his car engine. “You’re shivering, let’s go inside.” She whispered. “You’re late.” I shrugged. “I’m sorry.” She apologized. We went to my room. “Did you have dinner yet?” She asked.
“Yeah, I ate with Feras.” I replied. “What happened out there?” She asked. “Nothing, he wanted me to get inside or something.” I answered. “You were cold. Why didn’t you go inside?” She said. “I was waiting for you.” I replied.
She kissed my cheek. “It’s supposed to be the other way around. You’re the princess after all.” She whispered. I went red. She sat on one knee. “My humble apologies, Princess.” She kissed my hand.
I went to bed while Sienna was gazing out the window. I’ve never seen her like that. “Sie aren’t you coming to bed?” I asked. “I am.” She said as she got to bed. Sienna sang me a lullaby. “You know thing will only get better, nothing’s going to change.” She whispered.
I wish for it to be true!

No comments:

Post a Comment