Aug 23, 2011

All You Need is One: Chapter Two

Aseel

“Good Morning, Aseel.” Sarah greeted me when I first entered class. “Good Morning, Sarah.” I replayed. She laughed in her place. I felt embarrassed. “You know that’s the first time I hear you say my name.” she said. My face flashed red as I went to my seat. I can tell she is still looking at me.
After first class, “So you’re shy?!” Sarah whispered behind me. My face flashed red again. “I think it’s cute.” She said. I smiled. “How about lunch together again today?!” she suggested. “Okay.” I whispered.
During lunch break I went to see my brother again. She followed me silently this time. I felt the need to apologize. “I’m sorry.” I said. “You’re lucky I like your brother.” She commented. I didn’t say anything back I was just happy that she’s okay with it. After I checked on Tariq, Sarah grabbed my hand. We walked me to the school backyard, and sat under the tree again. She didn’t let go off my hand. It made me happy.
She checked my left hand there was still some off the ink she used to write her number. “I was really glad you called me last night.” She said. I nodded. She went on, “It made me happy. I like you.” She kissed me somewhere near my lips. I flashed red. She brushed my cheek. “I like you too.” I whispered. “I know.” She said and smiled. She divided the food and we started eating. “Did you make this?” I asked unwillingly. “Yes, you like?!” She said. “Yah, it’s delicious.” I replayed.
During practice her song playing felt as if she was playing only for me. This time I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. In that moment, I realized that I loved her. She did notice me… I guess. After practice I went back home. I was really happy.
I started writing my homework Tariq came by and asked me to help with his homework. After we were done with homework, we went to have dinner with grandma. My mobile rang it was Sarah. I picked up the phone and left the room. “I miss you” Sarah said. My face turned red and the room felt hot, “I miss you too.” I softly said. “I’ve actually called to talk to you about something…” she trailed off. Then said, “…I actually love you.” I felt light headed. I thought I was dreaming. “Seel, still there?!” she asked. “Yes.” I answered. “I don’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I just thought you should know.” Then she hanged up. I sat on the floor from where I was standing. Pressed the dial, last call ‘Sarz’ opened the menu choose send SMS, and began to write:

‘I love you too

-Aseel’

Send.

Next morning when I went to school I harried to class. Unfortunately, Sarah wasn’t in class yet. I got a little worried. I went and sat in my seat. I couldn’t pay attention to what was happening around me the class got crowded and the boys were loud. Suddenly I felt a soft cool breeze on my neck. I was about to turn my head when my eyes got covered. The touch was so gentle and familiar. It smelled so sweet. Soft lips brushed my neck up to my ear. “I Love you.” She whispered most sincerely. I reached for her hand and held it to my mouth and kissed her. “I do too.” I said.
She walked from behind me and sat on my desk. She has long black hair. Her eyes are greenish blue, long eyelashes. The first shirt buttons of her school uniform were open and her tie was loose. She was wearing a necklace. I didn’t notice that before. She lowered her head then looked at me again. She bent. Her face’s so close to mine and I can see her chest. My face flashed red. She held the necklace and said, “Its slipknot.” I reached for the necklace. It had slipknot sign on it. “Awesome band.” I said.
It turned out that Sarah is a huge slipknot fan. I liked the fact that she likes Rock. “We should play their music together sometime.” She suggested. “Yes it will be great.” I said.
Days passed by its Friday…

The door bell rang, I look out the window and Sarah was standing there. I ran down stairs and opened the door for her. I was wearing black jeans and purple AC/DC shirt. I froze in front of the door when I saw her. She was wearing a black mini skirt, long black socks, a slipknot tank top, and a black leather jacket. Her hair was straight, and she had deep red lipstick on. Holding a pack of cigarettes and her guitar on her back, she took a step toward me and kissed me near my lips. She held me and whispered in my ear, “You don’t have to act surprised each time you see me…” then giggled, “I know you love me.” She was holding my hand.
I turned and walked her to the basement, that’s where my drums were. I let go of her hand “Cool place.” She said as she sat her guitar. “Thanks.” I replayed. She put the pack of cigarettes on the table and took off her jacket. I was standing very close to her. She turned around. Her face was directly into mine. I kissed her mouth-to-mouth. She kissed me back. I held her and whispered in her ears, “That’s how it’s done.” I giggled then went on, “Yes, I do love you.” And then let go of her. I sat on my drums and we started practice.
After two hours we took a break. Sarah took my phone which was on the table next to her pack of cigarettes. She also took a cigarette and lit it up. She was looking at my phone then asked me to sit next to her. She was looking at her number, “Just Sarz seriously?!” she commented. My face went red. She went to the edit menu and pressed edit then wrote: ‘my love Sarz <3’. “Now that looks better.” She smiled. I love the way she dealt with things.
I laid on the couch my head on her lap. She giggled “Your face is a mess.” She said. My face turned all red again. She held a small mirror, “Look.” She said. My face was covered with red lips marks. “It’s all your fault.” I complained. She laughed, “Yes, am guilty of loving you.” She said. My face turned all red. I sat up and poked her. “I can’t help it. You’re too cute.” She said and laughed.
I went to wash my face from the kiss marks, and then went upstairs to get us some snacks and drinks. I spotted Tariq sitting in the living room wearing a sad face. “Tariq, what’s wrong?!” I asked as I walked to sit next to him, “Mom and dad aren’t coming back. It’s been a month already.” He said and started crying I put my hands around him, “Torou, I’m still here. Isn’t that enough for now?!” I said and wiped away his tears. “I’ll always be here, I promise.” I assured him.
I looked up and Sarah was standing there. She slowly backed up and was out of sight. “Tariq loves Aseel the best.” He said and kissed me on the cheek. “You know what my friend Sarah is here today, how about we all play together?!” I suggested.
We played Rock Band on Play Station 3 together. Tariq was singing, Sarah on guitar, and I was on drums. It was fun. We were having snacks and fooling around. My grandma came into the room and we made her sing with us. It was all so crazy. After all the craziness, Tariq suggested to watch a movie. He sat the movie and called grandma.
My grandma sat beside me and Tariq between us. When Sarah turned off the lights, he went to grandma’s other side and lay on her lap. Sarah sat in the sofa next to me. She had candy in her hand. Soon after the movie started she pulled my legs to her lap and held me. It was like I was sitting in her lap. She fed me some of the candy in her hand, and kept kissing my neck silently. It only looked as if she was whispering in my ear.
When the movie finished, we had dinner. It was around 11 pm already, so granny went to bed and took Tariq to sleep in her room that night. I started washing the dishes and Sarah was sitting at the counter having a smoke. When I was half way through the dishes, she finished her smoke. She walked up to me and hugged me from behind, and started kissing my neck “I love you.” She said.
The spoon slipped from my hand as she started kissing my shoulder, “I need to finish the dishes.” I said. She took a step back. When I finished the dishes, I turned and she had her hair back her ear. She smiled and said “Show me how it’s done.” My lips reached hers unaware of myself.


Farah


A year has passed. Razan’s father passed away. Both Sienna and Razan were hurt. They were always together through the good times and the bad. I visited Razan all three days with my mom. Dad would be mad whenever he seen us going out. So we go out when he is asleep and come back before he wakes up.
My dad yells all the time. My sibling can’t stand it. So I play them piano all the time. Swan lake by Tchaikovsky. They would all sit around me as I play. They would calm down and fall asleep around me. Mom and I would tuck them in their beds.
I usually sleep with my mom while dad sleeps in the living room. It isn’t easy being the oldest of my siblings. I woke up with a sound of a scream. The terror starts again. I ran to my sibling room my mom is on the floor and my youngest sister is taking the beating.
I went and stood between them.  “MOVE AWAY!” he growled. I stood still. He punched me in the guts. I fell in the spot. He reached for my youngest sister again. I grabbed his hand. “Don’t.” I managed to say. He grabbed me from my cloths and bushed me to the wall. “What did you just say?” he yelled at me.
“Do…don’t.” I repeated. I knew that by saying that he will let all his strength on me. He won’t touch my siblings. I hope. Next thing I know blood was coming out of my mouth. Is this the end?
I have no idea how long it had been nor how long was I out. I can hear water running. Where was I? My body felt as if it was on fire. My muscles were aching as I tried to move my fingers. I felt something cold on my back. It was cooling off my body’s heat. I was out again.
When I opened my eyes I was in bed wearing different PJs. The house was quite. Where is everyone? I tried to get out of bed but I couldn’t the first time. After few tries I managed to get out of bed. I looked in the mirror my face was untouched. I lifted off my shirt. My stomach was bruised all over.
I turned still lifting off my shirt. My back had more bruises. I want to escape this reality. I went to my piano and started playing! I don’t know for how many hours I was playing though when I was aware of my surrounding my sibling were all around me.
3 years have passed. It’s that summer before I go to high school. I was playing Chopin Nocturne when my dad came into the room. He was drunk again. “Shut that noise up already… people are trying to sleep.” He said as he was stumbling around the room.
He was standing by the piano now. “Did you not hear me?” he said. I stopped. My fingers were still on the keyboard though. He closed the piano cover on my hand. I couldn’t feel my hands. I held back the urge to scream.
He twisted my arm to my back. I heard a crack. “That will stop you for good now.” He said and pushed me toward the grand piano. My siblings were shocked and shivering with fear. He left the room. Mom took me to the hospital. They told me that my fingers might not be able to work the same.
There is around 60% chance that I can’t play the piano. It would take me 3 month after recovery to be able to write again. I wasn’t allowed to touch the piano until 6 months after recovery. I believe that there might be something good after all this suffering. I have faith in god. I wasn’t about to complain about my life.

Dear god,

            I pray weak, broken, helpless, and alone for courage, a sense of strength to bear with this unpleasant reality, and stand up again. To overcome this time and fight like I never did before. Please god… bless me with the courage

Sincerely,
A mere human

Sienna


            Its summer vacation I was laying in bed, listening to Otep new album. My phone rang, “Hello.” I answered. “Hey, what’s up?” Waleed said. “Nothing much was just listening to Otep’s new album.” I said. “That woman is amazing!” he said. “Yes she is, and the album is great!” I replayed.
            “Oh, I almost forgot why I was calling, I wrote this new song that I want you to hear, can we meet tonight?”  He said. “Sure” I replayed. “Alright I’ll see you tonight then.” He said. “See you.” I replayed. I was about to go talk to Tariq about it when my phone rang again.
            “Hello.” I answered. “Sie I’m bored, come over to my place now…” Razan demanded. “I’m on my way.” I said as I hanged up. Jassem was all dressed up ready to go out. “Jassem wait, can you drop me off at Razan’s?” I requested. “Sure get dressed fast. I’ll be waiting in the car.” He said.
            I got dressed pretty fast, ran to my mom’s room. “I’m going to Razan’s.” I said. “Okay.” Mom replayed. I ran out the door. My phone was in my hand. I dialed Waleed’s number. “Hey, about tonight I can’t make it. Something came up!” I said. “Something like what?” He asked. “Bye.” I answered. “Sie...” He was about to say but I hanged up.
            When I got to the car Jassem was just entering the car. He laughed so hard, as I entered the car. “Why are you laughing?” I asked. “When its Razan you’re ready in less than five minutes, what’s between you too?” He said. I shoved him to the door. “Drive.” I said.
            He dropped me off to Razan’s place. Razan was wearing a short fluffy dress. “Your highness.” I said, as I bowed. “You shall raise Sir Knight.” She said and hugged me. “I missed you!”
            “I do too princess.” I replayed. I never felt comfortable using words such as love or miss. I’m sure Razz knows how much I care for her though. “So, since mom isn’t home and she knew that you were coming she suggested that we go out.” Razan said. “Alright, where do you want to go?” I asked.
            “How about going shopping?! Then bowling, or skating?” She suggested. I nodded. Razan loved shopping. When we were at the mall there wasn’t any store that she didn’t enter. She bought tones of clothes, accessories, and make-up. She was getting hungry so we sat in Maki to eat. The waiter came to take our order. We ordered some sushi and some Maki roll.
            While waiting for the food, I checked my mobile. I had around 10 missed calls from Waleed. “Razz, May I make a call?” I asked because I didn’t want her to feel as if I was ditching her, or ignoring the fact that she’s there. “Sure.” She said. So I called him back.
            “Where the hell have you been?” He said. “I told you, something came up…” I answered. “Its Razan isn’t it?” He demanded. “So…” I answered. “What the hell… why is it that if Razan called you ditch me so easily?” He demanded. I didn’t answer. He sighed. “Where are you at?” he asked. “We are dinning in Maki.” I answered. “Don’t go anywhere.” He said and hanged up.
            “Who was that?” Razan asked. “It’s Waleed.” I answered. “What did he want?” She wondered. “He wants to come and see me now…” I said. Razan stayed silent. Our food arrived at last. As we were eating, Razan had difficulties eating Sushi with chopsticks. So I fed her the Sushi and the Maki rolls.
            Razan really liked Sushi, so she wanted the last one. As I was feeding her the last piece of Sushi Waleed arrived. He raised his eyebrows as he met my gaze. I waved in his direction, and asked him to join us. I gave him my chopsticks since I didn’t use them. I was sharing Razan’s chopsticks anyways.
            I believe that he didn’t like the fact that we were sharing the same chopsticks. “What were you up to?” he asked. “I was bored. So, Sie came shopping with me.” Razan said then went on, “did I steal her away from you?” I bet she enjoyed using that sentence. “Actually… you did steal her away from me.” He said then faced my direction. “So, that’s the thing that came up, Razan’s boredom.” I nodded.
            I think if at the time he had something to throw at me. He would’ve. “I have an idea…” I said. “You do?” he said sarcastically. I nodded. “Since Razan is bored, I want to hear the song, and you are here. Why don’t you play me… us the song now.” I said. “That sounds simple.” He said. He excused himself to go get his guitar.
            “He sure doesn’t like me.” Razan said. “It’s not like that… I was rude, so he’s a little upset.” I explained. “If you say so!” She said. She crowded next to me. I wrapped my arms around her. “So where does Hime want to shop next?” I asked. “I just want to buy a new sunglass then, we go bowling.” She said. “Hime o rikai ‘understood princess.’ ” I said. She kissed me on the cheek.
            Waleed was back. He sat and started playing the song. He sang as well. The song was about this girl who he loved but she doesn’t know about him and she’s with someone else. The lyrics were good so was the melody. “That’s a great song Pete!” I said. “We’re going to put it in our next EP, what do you think.” He said. “Great ideas go for it!” I said and gave him thumbs up. He grinned.
            A little while after Razan wanted to complete her shopping. So we went to some optical shops. I was carrying Razan’s Shopping bags and Waleed tagged along. In the second optical shop we entered Waleed offered to carry some of the shopping bags I was holding, but I refused. I don’t think he felt comfortable with me carrying all these bags and he wasn’t carrying anything. Razan finally choose a sunglass.
            We were off to play bowling then. We played 3 matches. the first was only me and Razan. Waleed went to put his guitar back in the car. I let Razan win that time. When Waleed was back we played another match the three of us. I won. Waleed wanted pay back. So we played one-on-one. I won again.
            He wanted another one-on-one match but his phone rang and he had to leave! Razan wanted to see a movie. So we went to the Cinema.”I just called the driver by the way. He is going to come and pick up the shopping bags.” She said. I nodded. While buying the tickets her driver came to take the bags. The movie ended at around 11pm so we went back to her place.
            Her mom was home. “I’m home.” Razan said and sat in her mom’s lap. “Welcome home dear. How was shopping?” Her mom said. “It was great!” Razan answered. I placed her shopping bags in the living room. She started showing her mom the things she bought.
            My phone rang. “Hello.” I answered. “Little sister, you want me to come pick you up now?” Jassem said. “Okay.” I said. “I’ll text you to come out.” He said and hanged up. I sat next to Aunt Fatima. Razan was trying on the new cloths showing her mom and all. “Sienna, didn’t you buy anything for yourself dear?” Aunt Fatima asked. “No, I’m not that big a fan of shopping.” I said. She smiled.
            Razan was done with showing her mom what she got, when I got a text from Jassem. “Razz do you need anything before I leave?” I asked. She stood in front of me and pets me. “No, just take care alright?” She said. I nodded, kissed her cheek and left.
When I got to the car Tariq was in the car with Jassem. “You didn’t tell me that Tariq is with you!” I said. “He tagged along when he knew that I was coming to pick you up.” Jassem explained. “Do you want to say hi to Razan?” I asked Tariq.
“No I came here because I didn’t see my little sister the whole, don’t you think that’s a little mean? Not asking about your brother or anything and…” Tariq was saying as I interrupted him. “You win. Glad to see you brother.” I said and hugged him.
I sat in the back seat, Tariq was the DJ. He played a metal song that I never heard before though I’m sure I recognized the vocals. I couldn’t recall the band though. When the song ended, Tariq turned and looked at me. “What do you think?” He asked. “Amazing song, I like the bass lines, and awesome guitar riffs. The solo and the breakdown were amazing as well.” I said. He had a blank look on his face.
Did he not like this band? I wondered. “That’s the first time I hear you talking so openly about music.” Jassem commented. My face went red. “You know that band I just played?” Tariq asked. “Honestly I can’t recall the band but I’m sure that I heard these vocals before.” I confessed. They both laughed very hard.
Tariq sat back in his seat. “What’s so funny?” I asked. “That was actually Burning Corps, Sie.” Jassem answered. “It’s our latest song. It’s going to be released tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the complement little sister.” Tariq completed.
We were home. So I excused myself and went straight to my room. I turned on the lights and was about to take off my shirt when I saw something on my bed. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I walked closer to the bed. My eyes were focused on it. It was a Dean Razorback Bass guitar. What is it doing in my room? Not that am complaining but how did it get in my room?
I took another step closer. Look around my room then touched it. I yelled unconsciously “ITS REAL.” Then I was jumping all over the place. I turned around and Tariq was standing by the door. “Yes it’s real.” He said and laughed. My face turned all red. Jassem came from behind him. “That’s your graduation gift from us.” he said. I went and hugged them both.
That was the bass guitar I dreamt of. I wanted that bass so bad. Now am finally able to touch it! That was like a dream come true. My brothers are the best.


Razan


3 years have passed its summer vacation. It’s that summer before we go to high school. Today I’ve received a called from Tariq. he told me that Sienna’s graduation gift has finally arrived. It was that guitar she always spoke of. He also asked me to keep her busy all day today.
Mom came to my room. “Razan, I’m going to my friend’s house today. Do you want to come with?” She said. “No, Sienna is coming over.” I said. “Okay, you too should go out.” Mom said. “Okay, have fun there.” I said. She nodded, gave me money and left the room.
So I called Sienna “Hello.” She answered. “Sie I’m bored, come over to my place now…” I demanded. “I’m on my way.” She said as she hanged up. I knew she’ll come right away that’s so like her. She was at my door in exactly 10 minutes. My mom was out by then.
Sienna was wearing some metal t-shirt, black pants and a tie. “Your highness.” She said, as she bowed. “You shall raise Sir Knight.” I said and hugged her. “I miss you!” I completed. “I do too, princess.” She replayed. She even blushed while saying it. I liked that about her.
“So, since mom isn’t home and she knew that you were coming she suggested that we go out.” I said. “Alright, where do you want to go?” She asked. “How about going shopping?! Then bowling, or skating?” I suggested. She nodded. She never said no to me. I know she’s not a fan of shopping but she would do anything for me.
I literally entered every shop in the mall. I bought tones of clothes, accessories, and make-up. I got hungry so we sat in Maki to eat. Sienna knew what I liked to eat, so she took care of the order. While waiting for the food, Sienna checked her mobile. “Razz, May I make a call?” She asked. “Sure.” I said.
It sounded as if she had another appointment but she canceled it for me. She didn’t mention anything about it though. So I had to ask “Who was that?” I asked. “It’s Waleed.” She answered. “What did he want?” I asked wanting her to tell me that she ditched him for me.
“He wants to come and see me now…” She answered. Since it wasn’t the answer I was looking for, I wanted her to spoil me a little. “These chopsticks are so hard to eat with.” I said. I thought she would see right through my act. “Come here I’ll feed you.” She said. So she ended up feeding me.
Waleed arrived as Sienna was feeding me the last piece of sushi. He didn’t look pleased. “Hey Waleed come join us.” Sienna said. She gave him her chopsticks since she didn’t use them. There were a lot of Maki rolls left. “What were you up to?” he asked.
“I was bored. So, Sie came shopping with me.” I said then went on, “did I steal her away from you?” I enjoyed teasing him about it. “Actually… you did steal her away from me.” He said then faced Sienna’s direction. “So, that’s the thing that came up, Razan’s boredom.” He said. Sienna nodded.
I think he hates me now. “I have an idea…” Sienna said. “You do?” he said out of sarcasm. She nodded. “Since Razan is bored, I want to hear the song, and you are here… Why don’t you play me, no us the song now?” She said. “That sounds simple. I’ll go get my guitar.” He said.
            “He sure doesn’t like me.” I complained. “It’s not like that… I was rude, so he’s a little upset.” Sienna explained. “If you say so…” I said. I crowded next to her. She wrapped her arms around her. “So where does Hime want to shop next?” She asked.
“I just want to buy new sunglasses then, we go bowling.” I said. “Hime o rikai ‘understood princess.’ ” She said. I kissed her on the cheek. Waleed was back. He sat and started playing the song. He sang as well. The song was about this girl who he loved but she doesn’t know about him and she’s with someone else.
Sienna liked the song. After they chatted for a while, “Sir Knight, I want to complete my shopping.” I said. Sienna immediately carried my shopping bags and left behind me ignoring Waleed. He tagged along anyways. After checking out two optical stores, I choose a sunglass.
We went bowling after word. Waleed excused himself after 2 games. I went with Sienna to the Cinema. I choose a movie that would end late since Tariq said to keep her busy all day. It was around 11pm when the movie ended so we went back to my place.
Mom was home. “I’m home.” I said and then went and sat in mom’s lap. “Welcome home dear. How was shopping?” Mom said. “It was great!” I answered. Sienna placed my shopping bags in the living room. I started showing mom the things I bought.
            I was done with showing mom what got. “Razz do you need anything before I leave?” She asked. I stood in front of her and pet her. “No, just take care alright?” I said. She nodded, kissed my cheek and left.
I have no idea how I kept a straight face around her. I took the shopping bags to my room, and then took my phone and texted Tariq:

‘Tariq,
Don’t forget to text me when she sees the gift.

-Razz’

He texted me back.

‘I won’t Razz,
Chill already.

-Tariq’

Time didn’t seem to pass or something, I was getting inpatient. So I thought of what to say to her. I don’t know how long it took Tariq to text me but he finally did:

 ‘Razz,
It’s done.

-Tariq’

I immediately called her. “What’s up Razz?” Sienna said. “The gift, you like? You do don’t you?” I said. She laughed. “How did you know about that?” She asked. “I was the reason behind it.” I bragged. “You’re the best Razz! The gift was amazing. Everything that I ever wanted! Thank you.” She said.
“I really wished to see the look on your face though.” I said. “I was shocked to be honest didn’t expect something like that today.” She said. “Was it because of Waleed?” I wondered. “How did he get in the conversation?” she said.
I believe that she was avoiding the subject! I’m sure that the song he sang today was written about her. “Anyways, I’ll let you enjoy your time with that new bass of yours.” I said. “Thanks.” She replayed. “Love you.” I said and hanged up.
That night I wondered if she realized what Waleed was doing. I also wondered if he was that jealous of me. I only know that his looks showed some kind of rage toward me but why?


Waleed


            So it’s this summer before my second year of high school. My band’s first album was released last year around the same time. We’ve been coming up with new material throughout the summer. There was this one song I wrote about Sienna. I didn’t show it to the guys yet. I wanted her approval first.
            So I called her. “Hello.” She answered. “Hey, what’s up?” I said. “Nothing much was just listening to Otep’s new album.” She said. “That woman is amazing!” I commented. “Yes she is, and the album is great!” She replayed.
            “Oh, I almost forgot why I was calling, I wrote this new song that I want you to hear, can we meet tonight?”  I said. “Sure” She replayed. “Alright I’ll see you tonight then.” I said. “See you.” She replayed. It surprised me that she agreed so fast. She usually has something to do with Razan.
            I called Dustin to let him know that we might have another song to work with for our upcoming EP. I also got my hands on my acoustic guitar and started toning. I guess 5 minutes have passed or less when Sienna called me.
            “Hey, about tonight I can’t make it. Something came up!” she said. “Something like what?” I asked. “Bye.” She answered. “Sienna wait.” I tried to understand but she hanged up before I finished my sentence.
            Something came up… that was the only sentence playing in my head. It must be Razan she wouldn’t ditch me otherwise. I feared I might break my guitar than. So I sent a text to Ron:
            ‘Hey Ron,
            Can you come over to my place now?
            I need to talk.
           
            -Patrick’
            He replayed.
            ‘I’m on my way
           
            -Ron’
            Few minutes after he was at the door, “You alright man?” He asked. “I’m angry. I don’t want to feel this way toward her though.” I said. He immediately realized it was Sienna. “What did she do?” he wondered. “First she’s like we can meet tonight and now she’s all like something came up. I mean seriously man.” I complained.
            “Why don’t you call her? Maybe something serious came up.” He reasoned with me. He actually worried me. I mean what if something terrible happened? “I’ll call her now.” I said. “You do that.” He commented. I called her around 10 times but she didn’t answer. I couldn’t sit still then.
            “Dude she’s not answering.” I complained. “Give her sometime she’ll call you back.” He said. I was worried sick about her. Some ugly thoughts crossed my mind. Couldn’t she at least explain before she hanged up? And why in the world isn’t she answering?
            Around an hour later she called me back. “Where the hell have you been?” I said. “I told you, something came up…” She answered. She was calm it must’ve been Razan. “Its Razan isn’t it?” I demanded. “So…” She answered. I was seriously mad at the point and I was actually worried about her.
“What the hell… why is it that if Razan called you ditched me so easily?” I demanded. She didn’t answer. I tried to calm myself down. So I sighed. “Where are you at?” I asked. “We are dinning in Maki.” She answered. That Razan is still with her. “Don’t go anywhere.” I said and hanged up.
“Is she alright?” Ron asked. “I told you its Razan. I’m going to meet her now.” I said. “Just don’t do anything stupid Patrick.” He said. I took my guitar and was leaving the house he followed. “Do you need me to come with you?” He asked. “No I’m good.” I replayed.
While driving there I couldn’t help but to be mad at her calmness. So I played some Slayer songs. I was madder at Razan for stealing Sienna though. I finally got there and this is what I see Sienna holding chopsticks feeding Razan Sushi. I’m not angry at Razan anymore! I officially hate that girl. I raised my eyebrow as I met Sienna’s gaze.
She waved and asked me to join. She gave me new unused chopsticks. I realized then that they were hers and she was sharing the same chopsticks with Razan. Did I mention that I hate that girl? “What were you up to?” I asked. “I was bored. So, Sie came shopping with me.” Razan answered then went on, “did I steal her away from you?”
I have no idea how I was holding it together. “Actually… you did steal her away from me.” I said then faced Sienna’s direction. “So, that’s the thing that came up Razan’s boredom.” She nodded. My fists started shivering. I wanted to throw a punch at someone.
“I have an idea…” She said. “You do?” I said sarcastically. She nodded. “Since Razan is bored, I want to hear the song, and you are here. Why don’t you play me, no us the song now?” She said. “That sounds simple. I’ll go get my guitar.” I said. I went to my car.
As soon as I opened the car I punched the seat to stop my hand from shivering. I hope they’re not still flirting when I get back. I thought. I took my guitar and went back to Maki. This time Sienna had her arms wrapped around Razan, and Razan was kissing her on the cheek. I tried with all my might to pretend that I didn’t see that!
I sat at the table and started playing that song! I hoped that maybe Sienna would finally understand, or get the feeling that it’s written for her. “That’s a great song Pete!” she said. “We’re going to put it in our next EP, what do you think?” I said. “Great ideas go for it!” She answered and gave me thumbs up. I grinned.
“How many songs will that EP hold?” she asked. “It has 5 songs including this one.” I answered. “That’s awesome really! When are we doing that duet we’ve agreed on.” She said. As soon as she started talking like that my heart was at ease. I was calm. “How about we make that song together?” I said. She nodded.
I think Razan wanted Sienna’s attention back. “Sir Knight, I want to complete my shopping.” Razan said. Sienna immediately carried the shopping bags and left behind Razan. Razan actually said ‘Sir Knight’ what’s up with that? I wondered. I tagged along! At that point I was more than confused about their relationship.
When we were at the second optical store I noticed that Sienna was carrying a lot of shopping bags that didn’t seem light. Also, Razan was walking around empty handed. So I offered to carry the bags with Sienna. She refused though. When Razan finally choose glasses, Sienna placed the bags down, paid up, and carried that bag along the other bags.
The only thought that crossed my mind was, were all those Razan’s bags? Then they went for bowling. I excused myself to put the guitar back in the car. When I was back we played a match the three of us. Sienna won. I wanted payback. So we played one-on-one. She won again.
I received a call from Dustin. “Hey Pete we’re all gathered waiting for you.” He said. “Yes the new song. I’ll be on my way.” I said as I hanged up. “Hey Sie, I’m leaving. You need anything?” I said. “Just take care, all right?” she said. I nodded and left.
On my way to Dustin’s place I thought about what happened today. I think I misunderstood Sienna. Though what is it about Razan that will make her go that far for her? I was at his place by then.
I played them the song. They all liked it. “Play it again.” Steve said. I played the song and Steve started playing with me. Next thing I know Ron and Dustin were playing along. Before the end of that practice session the song was finished.
We had dinner together then everyone went home. I still hadn’t understood what happened. I’ll call Sienna first thing tomorrow! I couldn’t sleep that night. So I wrote another song about her. I felt as if I never knew her at all.
Next morning I called her. “Hey.” She said. “Hi Sie…” I replayed. “What’s wrong?” She asked. “I wanted to apologize about yesterday, and I wanted to talk to you about something, ask you about it actually.” I explained. “You don’t have to apologize, I was at fault… and sure ask me anything.” She said.
“Here it goes… what happened between you and Razan that made you so attached to her?” I asked. She didn’t answer. “I mean yesterday you were carrying her shopping bags weren’t you? And she called you Sir Knight. I just want to understand what that was.” I said. She sighed.
“I have known her since forever ago. She’s my best friend.” She said. “There is something there beyond that.” I tried to reason with her. “Don’t hate Razan please. She lost her father 3 years ago… around the time we met. She doesn’t have anyone now, except for her mom, my brothers and me. I don’t want her to feel as if she’s alone. That’s all.” She said.
It was all clear now. What in the world was I thinking? “I’m sorry if I’ve bothered you with this question.” I apologized. “Don’t worry about it.” She assured me. “What’s new with you?” I tried to change the subject. “My brothers got me a Dean Razorback bass guitar last night. They have planed it with Razan.” She said. “That’s awesome, new bass.” I commented.  We chatted for a while then.
The rage I held toward Razan faded. I felt sorry for her. I admired Sienna more for what she’s doing for Razan. She’s such a good friend. Despite that why am I still jealous of Razan?

2 comments: