Oct 3, 2011

All You Need is One: Chapter Eleven


What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end – Hurt By Johnny Cash.







Sienna
           
I rang the door bell. I could hear someone running. The door got opened, it was Razan. Her first expression was blank, then it was a smile and her eyes were teary. “Sienna…” She jumped and hugged me.
“I miss you.” She gasped. I went inside I put her hand on my cheek. “I’m right here.” I said. She kissed my cheek. Tears filled her eyes as we sat on her bed. “Princess, what’s bringing you down?” I asked.
Her tears fell to her cheeks. “You disappeared… I thought I lost you too.” She cried. These tears she shed were because of… me. “Don’t cry princess, your tears are too precious.” My voice was shaking I almost fell to tears too.
I wiped away her tears. Razan looked me in the eyes. “Sie… I don’t want to lose you too.” She said. “Close your eyes Razz.” I requested. She closed her eyes and I covered them with my right hand.
I took her right hand and put it on my face then down my left cheek. “Did you feel this?” I asked. “Yes.” She nodded. “As long as you can feel it… I’m right here, beside you.” I assured her. Her eyes are teary again.
I uncovered her eyes and wiped away her tears. She wrapped her hands behind my neck. “I need a promise Sie… that you’ll always be by my side, that you won’t ever leave me, that I’ll always be your number one, and that you’ll protect me.” She whispered.
I held her hand. I stood up then kneeled before her. “I promise thee, that I’ll always be by your side. I promise thee, that I won’t ever leave you. I promise thee, that you will always be my number one. I promise thee, that I’ll always protect you.” I said then looked up.
I looked her in the eye. “I promise thee, that I’ll always be her. I promise thee, that I’ll take away all your tears. I…” I stood up still looking in her eyes, “promise thee, that I’ll be next to you whenever you call for me.” She wrapped her arms around me.
I kissed her forehead. “I love you, Sie.” She said.


That was 3 years ago, a week after her dad’s funeral. Ever since that day, Razan became my first priority. I can’t take his place, but I’ll do anything to make her happy. I wanted to see her smile again.
Today… I’ve failed her. She doesn’t want me in her life anymore. I can’t break my promise. I will not. I skipped school for two days now after what happened. I wonder who’s doing her homework for her. Who will carry her bags? Who will help her in gym class?
Aseel called me last night, but I didn’t pick up the phone. I can’t face anyone right now.
I went to the living room. It was empty. So I turned on the TV and was flipping between channels. Then I stopped on a cartoon. I was watching, wasn’t I? Suddenly the living room was crawdad. I only noticed when Tariq poked me.
“Ms. Sienna… your brother is trying to talk to you here.” Tariq said. I looked at him. “What is it?” I asked. “Did your band come up with any new songs?” he asked. “My band?” I asked.
He put his hand on my forehead. Then he left the living room. “Wai3, yanat hathy b3ad?” Monira complained. When did she even come here? Then I realized that there’s a different channel on TV.
I went to my room. “Ro7a bala rada.” Manar said. I entered the room and laid on my bed. Now what? I thought. My room was a mess. The play station 3 controller was on next to my pillow. I turned on the TV and started playing Call of Duty.
I was half way through the game when someone knocked at my door. “Come in.” I said. Aseel and Sarah entered my room. “What happened to you?” Aseel asked. “Nothing.” I answered. “We wrote a new song.” Sarah said.
“We’ll be at the studio get your guitar and come.” Aseel said as they left my room. I cleaned up my room changed into cleaner cloths grabbed my bass and went to the studio. They played the song twice then I followed along.
Tariq enjoyed it to the point that he threw in some riffs. “We should find a new guitarist.” Sarah suggested. “Or Tariq could join us?” Aseel said. “Sure.” He said. “We still need to do lyrics guys.” I said.
“You’ll take care of that!” Sarah said. “Yeah you’re good at it.” Aseel second that. “Okay.” I agreed. When we were done recording the bass and guitar tracks, Tariq said we can finish the drums tomorrow since it was getting late.
When Aseel and Sarah were leaving, “You have to come to school tomorrow.” Aseel said as they went out. “Sienna…” Tariq called me. “Yes?” I answered. “Yo3an.” He said. “Okay.” I said as I went to the kitchen to make him food.
He was in the kitchen with me waiting for his food. “Hal hoya eshga3da tgaber?” Fatima said as she entered the kitchen. “Papa Fatima, eshway eshway.” Tariq said. “Way 6arouq madry eshlon t7amalha!” Fatima argued.
“Fa6oum 6el3ay Bara.” Tariq said sarcastically. She grabbed something from the fridge and went out. Few minutes later, I served him the food when Latifa came in the kitchen. “6rouq men wailik akeel? 7ady yo3ana.” She said.
“La tfakreen hatha bs 7agy.” He said. I made her the same as I made him and served it on the table and went to my room. I laid in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Farah

I still can’t get over what happened in the party though. I have no idea why I feel this way toward him or how it started. He’s very nice though. No one ever comforted me like that.

"Big girls don’t cry." He said and wiped away my tears. "You’re not alone, you know!" he said. I nodded. Sienna and Razan passed in front of me. "Farah, don’t leave alright?" Sienna said. "That girl cares about everyone but herself." he commented and sat next to me.
I still had tears in my eyes. "Farah, if you ever needed a friend... I'll be by your side. There is no need to cry." he said. "Waleed, why are you trying to comfort me?" I asked. "Cause it breaks my heart to see those tears." he said.
"I don’t need your sympathy." I said. "Sympathy? Who said anything about sympathy?" he asked."What do you call what you're doing now then?" I asked. "It’s called Compassion." He said. I started laughing. He’s unbelievable.
"I see you've got a beautiful smile." he whispered. My face flashed red. "And your shy too." he commented. "Stop teasing." I complained. "Smart." he laughed and I laughed along with him. Talking to him gave me some peace.
He left when Sienna and Razan came out of Razan’s room. I never knew that men were nice.

He’s been talking to me the past two days and Sienna didn’t show up at school. I didn’t mean to be harsh on her. Part of me didn’t trust her any more. I can’t figure out why though. I’m grateful for what her brother Jassem taught me. She is a great person.
What’s happening to me?

Sienna

The next day at school, “You finally came to school!!” Aseel said. “Yeah am here…” I said. “Here is what you missed.” She handed me some papers. “Thank you.” I said. I started picking up what I’ve missed.
The day went by normally until it was science class. What should I do when I see them now? When I entered class they were already there. I decided to greet them. “Hello.” I said. they both gave me a disgusted look then looked away.
“Hey Sienna… Let’s sit there.” Aseel suggested, pointing at two empty seats in the back. As we went to sit at the back it hit me. “Aseel what happened while I was absent?” I asked. Aseel acted dump. “You mean class? I gave you everything you missed.” She said.
“What happened between you, and Razan and Farah?” I cleared my question. Aseel turned to look at them. They were staring at us despicably. She looked back at me. “So I have to tell?” She asked. I nodded.
Then the teacher entered class. “I’ll tell you after class.” She said. at about the end of class the teacher wanted gave us a homework that I already finished in class. So before I left class I slipped my note book along with Razan’s books.
Razan didn’t notice. “So what happened?” I demand. Aseel sighed. “The other day I joined them during lunch break. I asked them about you…” then she trailed off. “What happened?” I asked.
“The same look you saw in science class and a mean comment…” She said. I wonder what that comment was to get her so down. “Aseel its okay you can tell me anything.” I assured her. “They said ‘we don’t talk to Lesbos.’” She said.
“Ouch.” I commented. “I overheard them talking about what happened. So Feras is playing dirty and Razan is this stupid to believe him.” She said. “Aseel don’t…” I began to say “What Sienna, don’t tell me that you’re okay with It.” she interrupted me.
“It doesn’t matter now. Just don’t speak anything of Razan please.” I said. “If you say so…” she said. After school I saw Razan entering Feras’s Jeep. She had a big smile on her face. I felt relieved when I saw her smiling face.
“Aseel thank you for making me come to school today.” I said and kissed her cheek. “I didn’t do anything.” She said. “Well thank you anyways.” I said. She nodded. “Oh! Don’t be mad at Farah and Razan alright… I’m sure they didn’t mean it.” I said.

Aseel

I don’t get it… how can she still see good in them after all they’ve done? I went straight home that day. Didn’t feel like dealing with anyone. I took a hot bath when I got home. I lost track of time sitting there.
I heard someone knocking the door. “Yes?” I asked. “Seel, you alright?” She asked. I can’t believe that she came all this way just to check on me. “Yes, come in.” I said. The door was unlocked. She entered still in her school uniform.
“Sarz, you’re still in your uniform.” I commented. “Yeah, you’ve made me worried since you didn’t come to pick up Tariq. So I came to check on you.” She said as she sat on the edge of the bath tub.
“Sorry to make you worry.” I apologized. “Don’t be, so tell me what happened?” she said. “School happened…” I said. “What did they say this time?” I asked. “Nothing.” I answered. “Then why is my beauty queen feeling down?” she asked.
I blushed. “It’s just that… I can’t understand Sienna.” I tried to explain. “That girl is a strange one, what happened this time?” she asked. “Tell me about it. After all Razan has done… the only thing that made her smile was seeing Razan’s smile. I don’t get it.” I answered.
“How do you feel about your parents?” She asked. “I’m mad at them…” I answered. She looked at me. “Why?” she questioned. “…because Tariq doesn’t deserve to be left behind.” I explained. “And when Tariq is smiling, how do you feel?” she asked.
“I feel relieved…” I said. It all makes sense now, so Razan is Sienna’s little Tariq. “Of cause you can’t stay mad at Tariq now, can you with that adorable smile of his.” She said. “I get it now.” I said. “I’m glad you get it!” She said.

Razan

I don’t remember why I was mad at him. I mean he’s the most adorable thing ever. He takes me to school and drop me back home. I can survive without her… even though I miss her spoiling me.
On my way back from school, “Feras, do you know Ron from Blue vows?” I asked. “Yeah, he’s a friend of mine actually.” He said. “Sweet, he offered me a shopping spree.” I said. “Awesome! When and where?” He asked.
“He just said that it’s a store that sells cool dresses.” I explained. “I’m coming with.” He said. “Yeah that would be amazing!” I said. When I got home mom was there. I greeted her and went to my room.
Suddenly I heard knocking on the door. A part of me hoped it would be her. Then I shook off that idea. Why should I forgive her? I opened the door. “Don’t you want to have lunch sweetie?” mom asked.
“I’m coming in a minute.” I answered. I changed my clothes and went to have lunch with mom. “Mom Feras and Ron are taking shopping.” I said. “Have fun with them… wait isn’t Sienna going with you guys?” she said.
“No she’s not.” I said. After lunch I called Ron to tell him that Feras is coming with and if we can go tonight. He was so excited about going shopping and was okay with it being tonight. I also called Feras to tell him that we’re going tonight.
So we went shopping that night. When I got home, I remembered that I needed to do my homework. I opened my back bag and found her note book between my books.

Waleed

Never in my life have I felt this way. Why was I so weak in front of her tears? Why did I feel the need to protect her? I only just met her that night… what happened during these few hours that made me feel this way about her?
I had all those questions in mind without an answer. I had to talk to someone about it. I called up Dustin. “Hello.” I said. “Hey, Sup Pete?” he asked. “You free man?” I asked. “Yeah.” He said. “Let’s meet up somewhere.” I suggested.
“I’ll meet you at Columbus café in an hour.” He said. “See you then.” I said and hung up. I got ready to go out and went to wait for him at Columbus café. I was early while he was right on time. “Is there any news about the band?” He asked.
“I wanted to talk to you about something none band related.” I explained. “Okay…” he said. “I don’t know how to begin with this so I’ll go straight to the point.” I said. “I’m listening.” He said. “How did you know that you loved your girlfriend?” I asked.
“Hmm… she makes me smile, when I’m with her nothing in the world seem to matter.” He said. “Other than that, did you feel weak in front of her tears? What did you feel when she first touched you?” I asked.
“Are you falling in love Pete?” he asked back. “Please just answer my question.” I requested. “Yeah, I felt the weakest in front of her tears. Though her first touch is a different story… I can't describe it, though it was something like weakness.” He explained.
“I’m not following, can you explain it another way?” I asked. “It’s like you don’t want her to let go of you. It’s like you want to always be there for her… like that touch turned you from a boy to the man you want to be. Just holding her hands feels like heaven to you…” he trailed off.
“did it make you feel happy?” I asked. “It’s a different kind of happiness… like, you’re happy that she’s there but at the same time you fear losing her. you cherish her smile, and you would want to be the person that protects it.” He said.
How come all of that doesn’t apply on her? was I just blind? I wondered. “You’re a romantic guy Dustin.” I laughed. “Did you bring me here to make fun of me?” he raised his eyebrow. “No man, thanks for the talk!” I said. He nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment