Sep 15, 2011

All You Need is One: Chapter Eight


Aseel
           
Sarah was lying in bed. I jumped and sat on top of her. Her waist was between my legs. I held her hand. “What do you think about Sienna?” I asked. “She’s awesome. I never knew that part of the world had people like her.” She said.
            “So, it’s all good?” I asked. “Let’s see. Opeth fan, bass guitarist, she knows SUGIZO, and she speaks Japanese. We are definitely good.” She said. “How did you deal with her lost?” I couldn’t help but to ask. Looking at her eyes I know she knew that I was asking about her mom.
            “Do you remember that piece you played for me… the four season spring?” she reminded me. I nodded. “She used to play me that piece every night before I went to sleep. It was my own lullaby. When you played it that night I felt her there…” She trailed off.
            I squeezed her hands assuring her that she can talk to me. “I never felt I’ve lost her… she’s with me in every song. Playing her music every night for the last 6 years, made me believe that she’s watching over me.” She said.
            I didn’t know what to say. I laid my head on her chest listening to her heart beats. “Did you feel lonely?” I asked. “I did.” She said. “What are you feeling right now?” I asked. “I feel complete.” She said. She sat me up her hands to my waist and she looked me in the eye.
            My heart was beating faster. “You fill the void inside of me, Seel.” She whispered.

Waleed

            So today we signed a contract with a café. We’re going to play live shows there every Friday and Saturday which is awesome. I still don’t understand why Ron comes late for our Friday practice session, though he’s always early all week.
            I miss her. I’ve been so busy with the band that I didn’t have much time to talk to her. I called her. “Hello.” She said. “Hi Sienna, how are you?” I asked. “I’m good, how are you?” she said. “Hope always sweetie! I’m alright.” I said.
            “Always Pete! What you up to?” She asked. “Well we finished recording our EP and we signed a contract with a café to play gigs every Friday and Saturday.” I answered. “That’s great Pete! I’m really glad things are working out for you guys.” She said.
            “Yes, thank you. Do you remember that song I played for you, when we were at Maki?” I questioned. “Yah, what about it?” she said. “We recorded that song acoustically.” I explained. “Awesome, I love it!” She said. This is my chance. “I love you too.” I stated.
There was this awkward silent moment. “I’m going to make sure to come see your gigs.” She said trying to break the silent. “Yes, make sure you do.” I replayed. “Maybe we can sing a duet together then?” she said. “That would be great.” I commented.

Sienna

I still can’t understand why Patrick keeps doing that. I think I’ve made it clear, I can only see him as a friend. He’s like a brother to me. I also believe that he’s just in love with the idea of me.
The car stopped I was outside Aseel’s place. “You have another friend other than Razan and Farah?” Jassem asked. “Yes Jay.” I answered. “Is that joke getting old?” he asked. I nodded. “Take car sis call Tariq to pick you up.” He said after me.
I rang the doorbell. Both Aseel and Sarah opened the door. They were holding hands. Aseel was on my left and Sarah was on my right. They both hugged me and kissed my cheek at the same time. That was cute.
Aseel introduced me to her grandma and her little brother Tariq. “Tariq you know, you and my brother share the same name.” I said. “Does your Tariq likes waffles?” he asked. He was very excited. “Yes, he loves waffles!” I answered.
“Can I be friends with him?!” he asked. Talk about adorable!!! “Sure thing, buddy!” I assured him. “Aseel, your brother is adorable!” I told Aseel. “Aseel, Seems like I’m not the only one liking your bro.” Sarah said. Aseel was sitting on the coach.
She went to Sarah and Sat on her lap. “Yah?” she said. Sarah laughed. “Does that mean you love me?” Tariq asked me. “Aw! Yes I do.” I answered as I kissed his cheek. He ran to his grandma. “Grandma… Grandma… Aseel’s Friend Sienna loves me.” He grinned.
We sat on the dining table to have lunch together. When we were having dessert, “Did you enjoy the food?” Sarah asked. “Yes. It’s very delicious.” I answered. “Glad you enjoyed it.” She said. Did I mention that she made lunch?
After lunch we went to the basement. They both had their instruments set up. While setting up my bass and microphone, Sarah was playing random riffs. Aseel also started drumming randomly. That randomness came together like a harmony in my ears.
I don’t think they realized that they were playing in a perfect harmony, or did they? So I played along. We were at this randomness for about 3 minutes. Then both Sarah and Aseel stopped. I think they were trying to grasp what just happened.
“Did we just come up with a song?” Aseel wondered. “I think we did.” Sarah replayed. “Let’s try this again.” I suggested. I don’t know how it fell together but it did. We wrote the song down on a music sheet. Tariq came down to the basement.
“Sienna let’s play ps3 together.” he said. “Sure buddy.” I said. “I think Tariq has a crush on someone.” Sarah commented. We all went upstairs to play Play Station 3. He chose the same game that my brother Tariq loves to play Skate 3.
While I we were playing, “btw do you guys listen to local rock/metal bands?” I asked. “Yah, I listen to Blue vows and Angel of Demons.” Aseel said. “I mostly listen to Burning Corps. They are my personal favorite.” Sarah said.
“Did you meet any of the local bands?” I asked Sarah. “Well I met Ron from Blue Vows…” she said. I interrupted. “The bassist?” I questioned. “Yah… and Yousif from Angel of demons. I like their music though there is something different about Burning Corps.”  Sarah said.
Blue Vows played a gig with Burning Corps back in the days.” I said. “Yah Ron told me I wasn’t anywhere near this region though. Plus I didn’t know both bands existed.” Sarah said. “Who would you like to meet from Burning Corps?” I asked.
“Tariq, the guitarist. He’s amazingly talented. I would love to know how he comes up with such amazing riffs.” She said. “Their Drummer is awesome too.” Aseel added. “Yah, have you heard their new single. It’s sick!” I complemented.
“Tell me about it! I can’t stop playing that song.” Sarah said. Around 5pm we jammed again. We covered Bleak by Opeth. My phone rang as I was sitting down my bass after the song. It was Aunt Fatima. 
“Sienna I don’t know what’s wrong with her… she’s crying…” she didn’t finish her sentence. I ended the called and called Tariq “I need to get to her now.” I demanded. “On my way.” He said. I closed the line. “I’m sorry guys I have to go! I’ll call you later.” I said.
I took my bass and ran upstairs. “Sienna you’re leaving.” Little Tariq asked. “Yah buddy. I’ll visit again soon.” I answered as I blew him a kiss and went out the door. Tariq was already outside. I got in the car and he drove.
“Should I go in with you?” he asked. “I shook my head. “No, we’ll be fine.” I said. I was outside her house in a few minutes. He held my hand as I was leaving the car. “Stay strong Sie.” He said. I went inside straight to her bedroom door and knocked.


Razan

I ran to my room. Feras you Baka. I though. I locked the door. He’s a jerk. Why did I ever love him? My tears won’t stop falling. My mom was talking to me behind the door. “GO AWAY!!! I DON’T WANT TO TALK.” I yelled.
I only want to see her that was all I can think of. I think 10 minutes have passed. I heard knocking on the door. “GO AWAY!!!” I yelled. Then I heard her voice. “Razz it’s me. Will you let me in?” She said. “Sie…” I gasped.
I ran to the door, unlocked it and pulled her in then locked it again. She didn’t say a word. She sat. Her back to the door. She hugged me tight. I cried my heart out. She put her hand on my cheek and wiped away my tears.
“Razz… There is nothing in this world, worthy of these precious tears of yours.”She said. Her words made me forget how to cry for a minute there. She kissed my forehead. I hugged her tighter than before, and cried myself to sleep in her arms.
When I woke up I was in my bed. Was that a dream? I wondered. “Sie…” I called in a whisper. A hand reached mine and locked my fingers. I felt a soft kiss on my cheek. “I’m right here.” She whispered.
“Sie…” I whispered again. “Nani Hime-Sama?” She whispered. “Feras is cheating on me.” I said. “Are you sure?” She asked. “Yesterday at the mall he was flirting with a girl.” I explained. “You sure he was the one flirting?” she said.
“Yes. He saw me and tried to stop me… caught red-handed.” I confirmed. My eyes started to tear. My heart was aching. Sienna puts her locked up hand with mine on my heart. “He just lost himself a treasure.” She said.
Is it possible that she’s sharing my feeling? She understands what I’m feeling before saying. “Razz, let me make you some breakfast and let’s go out afterword.” She suggested. I nodded. Sienna made me pancakes and sat next to me. I ate two bits and stopped.
Sienna took the fork from my hand and started cutting the pancakes. “Open your mouth. Say Ah.” She said. “Ah.” I opened my mouth. She fed me. After breakfast she helps me get dressed. It’s not like I can’t do these things myself.
I just like it when she helps me with them. It’s like I’m a real princess though without a castle. She took me to watch an animated movie. Then we went shopping. I felt better than before. It’s always delightful to spend time with her.

Sienna

“Razz, I have a surprise for you.” I said. "Really, what is it?" Razan asked. "Well it’s a surprise I can’t tell you." I said. “Sie, Come on.” Razan said. “You will find out soon enough.” I grinned. I took her to the café where Blue Vows were playing live.
We sat there and ordered some food. While we were waiting, Waleed took the microphone. “Check, Check.” He was checking the microphone. He turned to speak with the guys. Then he spoke through the microphone.
"Hello every one, I’m Patrick and this is my band we are called Blue Vows. We want to dedicate this song to a special person." He looked at Razan. "Razan this song’s for you." He said. I looked at Razan and she was in shock.
They played an original song by them called My Personal Treasure. Waleed’s voice was amazing. He was playing rhythm guitar. During the whole song Waleed didn’t take his eyes off of Razan. Razan had this shy smile on her face throughout the whole song.
At the end of the song, people cheering for Blue Vows. “So Waleed doesn’t hate me for what I did that day?” she asked. “No… No one can ever hate you Hime.” I assured her. she grinned. "What do you think about the song?" I asked. "It’s amazing." Razan said shyly.
“Glad you liked it.” I said. Food arrived at our table. So we started eating while listening to Blue Vows playing a cover song Trip by Hedley. After that song Waleed came to our table to check on Razan and myself.
“How did you enjoy the show Miss Razan?” Waleed asked. "It was great! Thanks for the song." Razan grinned. "What about you Miss Sienna?" Waleed grinned. He was acting like such a gentleman. "It was amazing." I said.
"Let me introduce you to the band." He said. Then he pointed at a guy who was wearing a black jeans and a Metallica T-shirt. He had long hair and was wearing a hat. "That's Steven our lead guitarist." He said, and Steven waved at me.
Waleed pointed at a guy who was wearing a sleeveless black shirt and black shorts. He had spiky hair. "That’s Dustin our Drummer." He said, and Dustin waved. Then he pointed at a guy who was wearing a white sponge bob T-shirt.
He was wearing a black vest over it, a striped tie and black skinny jeans. His hair was a bit long and his bang covered his left eye. "This is Ron our bass guitarist." Waleed said. Ron shake hands with Sienna, "Pleased to finally meet you Sienna." Ron grinned.
"Pleased to meet you too, Ron." Sienna smiled. "Why don’t you guys join us?" I said. "Sure." Ron said as Waleed called up the guys from the stage. "So you finally came to our show." Ron commented. "Well I came for the special song." I teased.
“Who wrote My Personal Treasure?” Razan asked. “Dustin did.” Ron answered as the guys sat around the table. “Who did you write My Personal Treasure to, Dustin?” Razan asked. All the guys sighed.
“Well it was a poem that I wrote for my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. When Waleed read it, he thought we should turn it into a song.” Dustin explained. “It’s amazing.” I commented. “You must really love your girlfriend.” Razan commented.
“Yes, I really love her.” Dustin said. Suddenly his phone rang. When he saw the name his face lit up. “Excuse me.” He said and left to answer the call. Dustin was a sweet guy.

Razan

Suddenly this band seemed very interesting. “Are all your songs based on real life experiences?” I asked. “Yes they are all are.” Steven answered. “What’s a song if it’s not from the heart?” Ron completed.
“By the way Razan I like your Lacoste dress.” Ron complemented. “Thanks Ron.” I replayed. Steve and Waleed were talking to Sienna. “We should go shopping together sometime. I know this great store that has amazing dresses.” He said.
“Really that’s so nice of you.” I replayed. “Sure.” he said. “By the way that’s an Armani Vest, and that’s a Ralph Lauren Tie, Right?” I said. “Wow! Impressive you noticed.” He said. “Yah.” I giggled.
Dustin joined us again. "Sienna you have to sing something with us." Steven insisted. "Yah come on, one song." Ron begged. "I don’t know about that." Sienna said. "Come on, Razan tell her to sing with us." Waleed asked of me. I grinned.
"Sienna would you sing…" I began to say. "Razz! Please don’t." Sienna interrupted me. "…One song for me." I completed my sentence anyways. I knew she wouldn’t say no. Sienna went on stage.
"You have to teach me that trick some day." Waleed Whispered. I laughed. She’s my Knight there isn’t any tricks there. "What do you want me to sing Razz?" Sienna asked me from the stage. "Surprise me." I said.
Sienna turned to the guys said something then she went back to the microphone. "Hello every one, I'm Sienna and the guys here are Blue Vows, we are going to play a song called Broken Wings by Flyleaf." Sienna said. Then she looked at me.
"This song's for you Razz." She said as she started singing. After the song she came down the stage. “Happy?” she asked me. "Very, you were great up there." I said and kissed her cheek. "Thank you." She said. "Shall we go now?" Sienna asked. "Sure." Razan answered.
"It was really nice meeting you guys. Thanks for everything." Sienna told the guys before we went out. "Sure hope to see you soon." Waleed called after her, she waved him goodbye. “Bye bye Razan.” Ron called after me and I waved him goodbye.
We went back to my place. When I got inside I kissed my mom’s forehead and sat in her lap as I wrapped her arms around me. “Did you have fun sweetie?” She asked. “Yes mom all thanks to Sienna.” I whispered.
“Razz you need anything before I leave?” she asked. “No, take care of yourself.” I said. “Will do... you need anything Aunt?” She asked. “No, Take care and tell your mother I said hi.” Mom said. Sienna nodded and left.

Sienna

When I got back home I kissed mom’s forehead “How are you doing mom? Aunt Fatima says Hi.” I said. “I’m good. Hi.” Mom said. I went to my room and took a bath. I got into my pajamas and laid in bed.
My phone Rang it was Aseel. “Hello.” I said. “Hi how are you?” She asked. “I’m great, how are you?” I answered. “All good, How is Razan?” she asked. Why is she asking about Razan? I was confused. “Razan is good.” I answered.
“Sienna I heard you performed with Blue Vows gig today?” She said. “Oh! It’s already out?” I asked. “Yah, some of Sarah’s friends were at the gig and they thought you were great.” She said. “BTW Patrick the lead singer is my friend.” I said.
“That’s an amazing step. People from the scene know you now. It’s going to be easier promoting the band later.” She said. “Good point! I never thought about it this way.” I said. “BTW Tariq misses you. I think he have a crush on you for real.” She said. I laughed.
Someone was knocking at my door. “Hey Aseel I’ve to go now.” I said. “Sure, See you at school tomorrow.” She said and hanged up. “Come in.” I said. Tariq entered my room. “How is Razan?” he asked. “She’s feeling better.” I answered.
He raised his eyebrow. “I thought you said you are not joining his band.” He said. “Tariq I was forced to sing with them… it was Hime’s Request.” I said. He rolled his eyes. “I’m afraid that she might asked you to kill yourself someday and you go for it.” He said.
“No funny.” I said. He laughed. “I heard you were great.” He said. “I hear so too.” I commented. That was the first time he ever joked about something. I know he’s okay with me singing with Blue Vows. He held my hand.
“Come with me.” He said. I went with him. He took me to the basement. There was a small room in the basement. We stood outside its door. “What’s it?” I asked. “Open the door and you’ll find out.” He said.
I opened the door and there was a full equipped studio behind it. I was thrilled, excited, and dancing in the side. “That’s your personal band studio and I’m your producer.” He said. “Thank you!” I hugged him.
I didn’t know what words of gratitude would be nearly enough to repay him. “You’re the best Tariq!” I said. He grinned. “BTW, since when do you have a record label?” I asked. “Since now!” he grinned.
“Your band is my first project since, my band is already working with Adam.” He said. “Cool! I must warn you though… my band members are fans of yours.” I said. He was shocked. “Don’t tell me it’s the girl from the email?’ he said.
I couldn’t stop laughing. The fearsome look on his face was priceless. “No. I was kidding you don’t have to worry!” I said. “Sie I would love to believe you but you never lie.” He said. “Okay a gay fan.” I explained. He sighed out of relief.
“I want you to listen to what I did so far.” He said. We hanged out in the studio till a late hour.

At School

"Hey, you’re late what's up?" Sienna asked. "I over slept." Razan answered, as she sat next to Sienna, "Where is everyone?" Razan asked. "We are way to early today." Sienna pointed. "Dustin is hot." Razan suddenly said.
"…And got a girlfriend who he really loves." Sienna pointed. "True that makes him even hotter." Razan grinned. "Speaking of Blue Vows, you got me in a mess girl." Sienna said. "Me, I didn’t do anything." Razan said quickly.
"True, but I did, and now everyone knows me." Sienna said. "Oh what a mess!" Razan said sarcastically. "I'm talking for real here!" Sienna said. She realized that there is a shadow there so she turned her head up to see Farah standing there.
"Dude, can’t you say hi or something." Sienna said. "I would but the topic grabbed my attention go on." Farah said. "I'll have to tell you what happened from the beginning." Sienna said. "I'm listening." Farah said. So Sienna told her the whole story.
"Wow that was fast." Farah said. "I know." Sienna said. "What are you going to do now?" Farah asked. "Nothing." Sienna answered. Aseel entered the school as the bell rang and the day passed by.
At lunch break, "Aseel I need to tell you something but you have to keep it a secret from Sarah, Deal?" Sienna asked Aseel. “Sie now you have secrets with Aseel and hiding it from her girlfriend. Now that’s a real mess.” Razan said.
“Aseel you have a girlfriend.” Farah was shocked. “Thanks Razan.” Sienna said. “No problem.” Razan replayed. “Yes Farah, I have a girlfriend.” Aseel answered Farah. “Where was I when all that happened?” Farah asked.
“BTW Farah, Aseel and her girlfriend are so in love.” Razan commented. “Razz, come here.” Sienna pointed at her lap. Razan went and sat on her lap. Sienna hugged Razan and kissed her cheek.
“Razz, may I please tell Aseel what I have to say? It’s important.” Sienna whispered in Razan’s ear. Razan nodded. “Aseel promise to keep it a secret.” Sienna requested. “I promise.” Aseel said. “Pssh! Bad girlfriend.” Razan muttered.
Sienna Kissed Razan’s check again. “My older brother Tariq is the same Tariq from Burning Corps.” Sienna said. “Why is that a secret Sie?” Razan asked. “Sarah is a fan.”Sienna whispered in Razan’s ear.
“Why didn’t you mention that earlier?” Aseel asked. “Just listen to what I have to say! You’ll love the idea.” Sienna said. “Okay.” Aseel agreed. “So last night we were signed in a record label, and the owner of the label is Tariq.” Sienna said.
“OMG!! How can you be so calm about this?” Aseel asked. “Am I?” Sienna said. “Sie I want to tell Sarz.” Aseel complained. “See, all in love.” Razan commented. Farah laughed. Sienna kissed Razan’s cheek again.
“No you are not to tell her anything!” Sienna demanded. Aseel pouted. “We have practice at my place today! That’s all you’re allowed to tell her.” Sienna said. Aseel nodded. “I bet she can’t keep a secret from Sarah.” Razan teased. Farah laughed. Sienna kissed Razan again.
“Seriously you guys. Aseel gets a girlfriend. A certain someone loses a boyfriend. Sienna sings on stage and your unnamed band get signed in a record label! Where in the world was I?” Farah summarized our weekend.
“Yah where were you?" Razan asked. Sienna kissed her cheek again.

Sienna

I’ve lost count of how many kisses I gave Razan that lunch break. It felt like she was interrupting on purpose to get kissed. School was over. "Need a ride home, Princess?"  I asked Razan. "Yah I was coming to ask you." Razan answered. "Well let's get going." I grinned.
I dropped Razan home and went back home. After I had lunch and went to my room I called Patrick. "Hey Buddy, How are you?" I asked. "Hi, I'm great, how are you?" He answered. "I'm great too." I said. "BTW, What do you think of the band?” he asked.
"I think I have a crush on Ron." I said. There was this awkward moment of silent. "Umm… Razan's birthday is next week and I was wondering if you guys are free then." I was trying to break the silent.
"Sure I'm free." He said. "Would you and the band play in her birthday?" I asked. "Umm…How much will you pay us?" he said. I couldn’t help but to laugh. "Why are you laughing I'm serious." He insisted.
"Well, how much do you want?" I asked. "Five invitation cards." he answered. I laughed "Sure."

Waleed

I can’t believe she has a crush on him. Why Ron? Are they together? He told me the same as she did when I told him I loved her. What the hell? I thought we were a team. We are band mate. I think am going Crazy.
Before I realized it I was standing in front of Ron. “How could you man?” I pushed him. Ron was shocked. “Pete what in god’s name are you talking about?” He asked. “Don’t you dare, act stupid on me.” I yelled and pushed him.
 “She said she had a crush on you! So what now she doesn’t like me but she likes you?” I yelled. “Calm down Pete.” He said. “You are not to ask of me to calm down.” I yelled. “Pete.” He said. “You even dare even look at me?” I said.
“She’s a bass guitarist. She likes my bass she doesn’t like me.” He tried to reason with me. “She didn’t mention your bass she mentioned your name! I’m not stupid Ron.” I yelled. I punched him in the guts. “GET OUT!!!” I yelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment